Greasy Fork is available in English.

AO3: highlight tags V2

Configure tags to be highlighted with different colors

< Feedback on AO3: highlight tags V2

Question/comment

mkp
§
Posted: 2022.11.11.

Hi, Fangirlishness! I've recently noticed a problem where not all of my highlights show up (even though they did originally) - I've been trying to figure out why some of them still work and some don't, but am having no real luck. Do you have any troubleshooting tips?

As an example - "asexual.*":"lavender", no longer works, but "Character Death":"lightsteelblue", "sex$":"plum", and "hurt/comfort":"#e6ffcc", //chartreuse 90% all do.

mkp
§

WHAT.

I changed "asexual.*":"lavender", to "freeforms!Asexual+":"lavender", and not only do tags with asexual highlight. all my other queer rep ones are working again.

WHAT.

§

Hm, the only difference I can see is that the one that stopped working has a wildcard (.*) in it. The fixed one only has a +?

Might also be that something on ao3 has changed, but I haven't got time right now (busy time at work) to really look into it, though.

Can you live with the current workaround or do you still need me to do something? (Might take a while though.)

mkp
§
Posted: 2022.11.13.

I still have no idea what was breaking it but I have by trial and error fixed the thing - I think the asterisks did start breaking it for some reason, but using the + sign works just as well as '.*' so ::shrugg emoji::

I think that maybe something did change on ao3, since it WAS working as written at one point, but who knows. Thank you for responding so quickly even if I didn't notice! I think I've got it under control now, and on the plus side, I now understand double the amount of regex concepts than I did previously? <3

§
Posted: 2022.11.27.

Thank you! Glad you found a workaround!

Sign in to post a reply.