Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube exact upload

Adds exact upload time to youtube videos

< Feedback on Youtube exact upload

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2022.10.28.

It works fine with some placement bug but since YouTube UI changes everytime, that's not a big problem. My question is "Is is possible to show uplodading time on channel's video list? ...or do you know any other?"

Thanks in advance!

WissididomAuthor
§
Posted: 2024.02.26.

It should be possible, since you can specify a comma-separated list in that API call. Currently I just take whatever there is in the v query param as id. I think for that I'd need to check if the url contains watch and if not read the html for a list of IDs and update each entry. I'm just not sure how easy that is since YT uses lazy loading iirc and there are multiple pages with video lists that I'd all need to test this script on just to have it possibly being broken the next time YT changes their UI. Maybe I even stop working on it and just make a website or command line tool, but I haven't decided on that yet (well didn't have an update since 27th Oct 2022 anyways). Also sorry for not giving a response for, well, over a year, I probably overlooked the email greasyfork probably sent.

§
Posted: 2024.03.13.
Edited: 2024.03.13.

Thanks for replying late or not! That's weird that I was thinking about this app again like one week ago. It is because I need the feature that I have mentioned here. Atleast do you know anything which will show me upload dates instead of ago on the channel. I am using 4k Video Downloader and sometimes subscription feature does not work well and in these times that feature to would make everything easy because right now I have to click every video to find exact date when it stopped detect new videos.

WissididomAuthor
§
Posted: 2024.03.13.

For now you could use a link like the following in an RSS Reader and might get an upload date for each video: https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?playlist_id=PLbpi6ZahtOH44zg5Yzc-AyAGjzsRZfI-p

I know of 2 possible query parameters being playlist_id and channel_id.

If I do the CLI tool or website I will most likely make it a repo on https://github.com/Wissididom

Sign in to post a reply.