Gfycat-Redirect gif to HTML5

Redirects giant or fat.gfycat.com hyperlinks to their HTML 5 video counterpart

< Feedback on Gfycat-Redirect gif to HTML5

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 15.02.2015.

Loading .gif before redirecting.

Using this script seems to load the entire .gif before redirecting to html5 version, making it pretty much useless. Is this only happening with me? Can this be fixed?

gohamstergoAuthor
§
Posted: 17.02.2015.
Edited: 17.02.2015.

Hmm, for me, it only loads the first frame or two. If you're browsing from reddit, grab my other script that alters the links themselves, that was you wont need to redirect. A temporary fix is to simply hit the browser's Stop button. It will them redirect. Still faster than manually altering the address bar, but also not ideal for the moment, I realize.

Edit: I see you are on FF. I didn't think FF had issues with gifs..?

§
Posted: 18.02.2015.

FF doesn't have issues with gifs, it's just that html5 is significantly smaller than gifs. Could you possibly make a script that redirects all gifs to gfycat?

gohamstergoAuthor
§
Posted: 18.02.2015.
Edited: 18.02.2015.

What do you mean by "all gifs?" Only works with gifs that have been uploaded to gfycat, not any gif on any site...

§
Posted: 19.02.2015.

Like this script: http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/186381

It uses gfycat's fetch url to convert gif to gfycat. That script messes up when opening a gifv link. It tries to redirect even though it is already in html5, causing an error; I have to manually delete the 'v' in the url to get it to work properly.

Sign in to post a reply.