Greasy Fork is available in English.

Mouseover Popup Image Viewer

Shows images and videos behind links and thumbnails.

< Feedback on Mouseover Popup Image Viewer

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 08.04.2020.
Edited: 08.04.2020.

AdGuard incompatibility (USCR_EMETA error): remove first line of your script

Hi, and thank you for your userscript, much appreciated for your time and talent into forking, creating and updating MPIV.

I use AdGuard for Windows for userscripts (instead of using FireMonkey, Greasemonkey etc), and your script gives a USCR_EMETA error when installing into AdGuard.

After much searching and banging my head on the wall I found out that the solution is to remove the first line of your script:

//#region Meta
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Mouseover Popup Image Viewer
// @namespace   https://github.com/tophf
// @description Shows images and videos behind links and thumbnails.

So just delete the first line:

//#region Meta

And it will work with AdGuard. I hope this helps other users with this problem. I used to use FireMonkey, as it's the only userscript manager add-on (for Firefox) that respects your privacy (unlike Greasemonkey et al), but since I use AdGuard, I found out it also works with userscripts, so it's one less add-on on Firefox.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT The way I managed to add it to AdGuard was to copy & paste the userscript code into a file and name it something like mouseroverpopupimageviewer.js, save it, and then, in AdGuard > Settings > Extensions > Add extension, and click on Browse. A window opens, and select your .js file from your desktop (or wherever you saved it), and it will install to AdGuard without issues.

woxxomAuthor
§

There's nothing wrong with that line so you can report the issue to AdGuard and ask them to fix their parser.

Also, regarding privacy, what do you mean by ”respect”? I'm using Violentmonkey and I can assure you with 100% certainty it respects my privacy, I've analyzed its source code.

§

Thank you for your quick comment wOxxOm.

I've read all these userscript managers privacy policies and only trust(ed) FireMonkey. Also, the creator is a really nice guy. After reading ViolentMonkey's privacy policy, it looks ok. I'm still wary of Greasemonkey and the others.

Coming back to the issue, I suppose, according to you, this is a problem with AdGuard, and not your script.

I'm just giving my feedback so it gets indexed in search engines, when other people that have the same error (and are using AdGuard), know how to fix it.

woxxomAuthor
§
Edited: 08.04.2020.

The script is fixed now so no workaround is needed anymore.

§
Posted: 13.04.2020.

Thank you, wOxxOmm for your wizardry and your update.

Sign in to post a reply.