Greasy Fork is available in English.

Change YouTube Leftbar Subscription Links To Channel/User Video Page

Change YouTube leftbar's subscription links to channel/user video page. This script can optionally also move updated links to top of the list (if there's enough space), optionally uncollapse all updated links which may extend the non collapsible links, and optionally display the number of updated & total links following the "SUBSCRIPTION" section label. All features can be enabled/disabled from the script code. For new YouTube layout only.

< Feedback on Change YouTube Leftbar Subscription Links To Channel/User Video Page

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 04.08.2022.

Hello,

I installed your script to see exactly what it would do for the YouTube Leftbar Subscription.
I thought that the "Show More" would be extended automatically, but it didn't work.
On the other hand this function really works -> Display the number of updated & total links following the "SUBSCRIPTION" section label.

In addition, the YouTube Leftbar Subscription Links are redirected to the channels homepage but not to the channels videos page.
Only, I have been using for a while the extension 'Improve YouTube!' on Chrome -> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/improve-youtube-video-you/bnomihfieiccainjcjblhegjgglakjdd

It allowed me to open YouTube channels to their videos pages directly, but since that I installed your script this function doesn't work anymore :-(
Unfortunately, all the YouTube Leftbar Subscription Links and the YouTube Homepage Channels Links are redirected to their channels homepage instead of channels videos page.
Another function that displayed a button "Scroll to top" everywhere on YouTube also doesn't work anymore :-(

Even if the script is disabled, these problems are always there...

I even deleted and reinstalled the script, but these problems are always there...

Do you have any idea what could be wrong please ?

Thank you for your answer.

Google Chrome Browser with Tampermonkey

jcunewsAuthor
§
Posted: 05.08.2022.

optionally uncollapse all updated links which may extend the non collapsible links

Meaning that, if there is no updated links (i.e. links with new videos), the non-collapsible part of the list will not be extended.

In addition, the YouTube Leftbar Subscription Links are redirected to the channels homepage but not to the channels videos page.

That's YouTube's behavior. Not this script. This script actually tried to changed that behavior.

Even if the script is disabled, these problems are always there...

Because this script is not what caused it in the first place. It's YouTube's code that has changed - which broke the functionality of both that browser extension anf this script. Websites code changes all the time. Do not expect them to stays the same, even if there's no noticable visual difference.

§
Posted: 06.08.2022.

Hello,

Okay, I understand and thank you very much for the explanations.

§
Posted: 24.08.2022.

Hello,

Sorry again for the inconvenience, but I would like to know if for you the YouTube Leftbar Subscription Links are redirected to the channels videos page please ?

jcunewsAuthor
§
Posted: 24.08.2022.

The script is already configured to do that by default. Make sure to use the latest version, since the older ones are not yet adapted to the current state of YouTube site.

§
Posted: 25.08.2022.

Actually, I'm on the latest versions of Google Chrome and Tampermonkey with your last script 1.3.25.
But unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.

So I would like to know how I can modify your script without errors to disable the redirection function to the channels videos page and to the channels homepage please ?

On the other hand, now when this extension 'Improve YouTube!' on Chrome -> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/improve-youtube-video-you/bnomihfieiccainjcjblhegjgglakjdd is enabled it's work.
It's to avoid conflicts between your script and this extension.

Moreover, the other functions of your script work for me.

jcunewsAuthor
§

I don't see any conflict when tested with that browser extension, with its default settings. The conflict may have been caused by specific combination of its settings. Post the exported settings of that browser extension so that I can test it with the same settings as yours.

§

Sorry, but do you have an idea of how I could send you a json file on Greasyfork please ?
Because I can only send images...

jcunewsAuthor
§
Posted: 26.08.2022.

You can post the JSON file to pastebin.com.

§

Here are some images for YouTube Channels links redirected to the channels videos page in the meantime.

§

The exported settings of 'Improve YouTube!' on Chrome as requested :

add_scroll_to_top true
always_show_progress_bar false
analyzer {…}
channel_default_tab "/videos"
channel_play_all_button false
channel_trailer_autoplay false
channel_videos_count false
collapse_of_subscription_sections false
comments "normal"
description "normal"
forced_theater_mode false
ga 1661445208235
hide_clip_button true
hide_details false
hide_download_button true
hide_gradient_bottom false
hide_report_button true
hide_scroll_for_details true
hide_thanks_button true
hide_thumbnail_overlay true
hide_views_count false
how_long_ago_the_video_was_uploaded false
improvedtube_buttons true
language "en"
legacy_youtube false
legacy_youtube_migration true
legacy_youtube_migration2 true
livechat "normal"
mark_watched_videos true
migrated true
mini_player false
only_one_player_instance_playing false
player_ads "block_all"
player_autopause_when_switching_tabs false
player_autoplay true
player_autoplay_button false
player_color "green"
player_crop_chapter_titles true
player_forced_volume false
player_h264 true
player_hd_thumbnail false
player_hide_annotations false
player_hide_cards true
player_hide_controls false
player_hide_endscreen false
player_hide_skip_overlay true
player_loudness_normalization true
player_miniplayer_button true
player_next_button true
player_popup_button false
player_previous_button true
player_remaining_duration false
player_repeat_button true
player_rotate_button false
player_screenshot_button true
player_show_cards_on_mouse_hover false
player_size "do_not_change"
player_size_migrated true
player_subtitles false
player_transparent_background true
playlist_repeat false
playlist_reverse true
playlist_shuffle false
playlist_up_next_autoplay true
rate_notify 5
red_dislike_button false
related_videos "normal"
squared_user_images true
theme "dark"
theme_primary_color
0 200
1 200
2 200
theme_text_color
0 25
1 25
2 25
title_version true
up_next_autoplay false
watched {…}
youtube_home_page "/"
youtube_language "fr"

jcunewsAuthor
§

That extension already has a function to change the default channel page. That function itself conflicts with the one from this script. The functionality of this script can be disabled in the script code, but the functionality from that extension can not be disabled. This is not fixable from my script. I could only suggest that you post a feature request for an option to disable the default channel tab of that extension.

§

Okay, it's possible to know what I need to modify in the script to disable this functionality please ?

jcunewsAuthor
§
Posted: 27.08.2022.
Edited: 27.08.2022.

Change the true word to false at line #18. i.e. to:

var changeLinksURL         = false;

Keep in mind that, that setting defaults to true in the script. If the script is updated, you'll have to modify that setting again.

§
Posted: 27.08.2022.

Thanks a lot :-)

Sign in to post a reply.