Greasy Fork is available in English.

Direct download from Google Play

Adds APK-DL, APKPure, APKCombo, APKPremier, APKMirror and Evozi download buttons to Google Play Store when browsing apps.

< Feedback on Direct download from Google Play

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 21.08.2021.

The apk-dl ​​button cannot download the correct version (arm/arm64), the apkcombo button is wrong, the apkpremier button does not respond, and the evozi button downloads the old version

StephenPAuthor
§
Posted: 21.08.2021.

Does all this mess happen for all the apps?

§
Posted: 22.08.2021.

yes

StephenPAuthor
§
Posted: 23.08.2021.

Can you link some specific apps that is not downloading correctly? I've solved the error with APKCombo, but I tried several apps and I couldn't reproduce apkpremier problem.
Evozi downloads the most recent version it has: that is not under my control. APK-DL instead tries to download the universal package.

§
Posted: 24.08.2021.

Can the developer update it?

StephenPAuthor
§
Posted: 24.08.2021.
Edited: 24.08.2021.

I can see Evozi downloads an old version of Kiwi Browser, while ApkPremiere button works for me. I see also that Apk-DL downloads only the ARM7 (32 bit) version: as for Evozi, the version downloaded by Apk-DL is totally up to them, I have no way to make the script ask for a more recent version or a version with a different architecture. If you want a specific variant of an apk, I can suggest you to try going directly to ApkMirror to choose the version or to ApkCombo to choose the architecture.
By the way, I'll update the script to solve the ApkCombo probelm.

§
Posted: 25.08.2021.

The script has been updated. The problem is: apkcombo shows offline, apkpremier shows loading... stuck. As you said, currently only apkmirror can download the required version. The browser I use is kiwi browser。

StephenPAuthor
§

Ok, so you're using kiwi browser and which user script manager? I'll try with them because on both Firefox for Windows with Greasemonkey and Firefox for Android with Violentmonkey I can't reproduce the issue.

§

I am using Tampermonkey v4.13 script manager. I suddenly thought that Violentmonkey would be more compatible?

§

I installed Violentmonkey and the situation has changed. The apkcombo button works, but the optional version of the app is not available for download, and the apkpremier button still does not work.

StephenPAuthor
§
Edited: 25.08.2021.

I'll check also for Tampermonkey: I might have missed some @connect declarations.

StephenPAuthor
§
Posted: 28.08.2021.

The script was actually missing @connect cdn.down-apk.com. I've merged it with @connect gpudf.down-apk.com, so that now there is only one meta tag for APKCombo: @connect down-apk.com. The script has been updated to v2.9.5.

§
Posted: 01.09.2021.

Version 2.9.5 is easy to use, thanks. Big guy wants to ask a question. What does the "bind" and "3 seconds" next to the version number mean?

StephenPAuthor
§

Bind (Yandex Translate gives me "bundle" as a translation) should mean that the app is not a single apk file, but a group of files. I don't know if that means that it's a pack of apk files, or it's an .abb app, the new format proposed by Google for the apps. Either way, I'd stick to the apk file (the first result) as it's easier to install. But if you want to try install the bundle, SAI or LuckyPatcher can install various types of app bundles.
For the "3 seconds", I don't really understand what that means. According to https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E7%A7%92, definition 6, could mean that there are 3 files in one in the bundle, but I'm not a Chinese speaker, so I'm just trying to guess.

StephenPAuthor
§

Checked: "bundle" means that the file is not a single apk, but a pack of apk files. The format ApkMirror uses is .apkm, that can be installed using Split Apk Installer (SAI).
The number refers to the amount of apk files that the package contains, excluded the main one: this means that when you have "3", there is a main apk file ("base.apk"), and other 3 apk files.

§
Posted: 02.09.2021.

Thank you very much for your explanation, I finally figured it out. Like you, I will insist on using apk files instead of other formats.

Sign in to post a reply.