Greasy Fork is available in English.

Nexus Download Collection

Download every mods of a collection in a single click

< Feedback on Nexus Download Collection

Question/comment

§
Posted: 19-04-2024

It downloads the first mod in the collection then it stops and I don't know how to fix this issue.

DrigtimeAuthor
§

Hi, I forgot to change some things in the script before pushing the update yesterday...
Could you update to the last version and retry ? If it persist could you give me the collection url please ?

§

I was able to download couple more mods then it stops again. The collection url is https://next.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/collections/pns4qv?tab=mods

§

Tried multiple times and even used different collection but same issue.

DrigtimeAuthor
§
Edited: 19-04-2024

Hmm that weird didn't had issue going up to 100 mods with the collection your provided.

Which browser are you using ? I need more information, could you do this steps please ?

• !! Before starting the downloads !!
  • Open the dev tools (ctrl + shift + I)
  • Go to the "console" tab
  • Then start the downloads
  • Wait for it to crash
  • Right click in the dev tools console and click on "save as" (or something similar)
  • Send the logs text here

Thanks in advance

§

opera gx and here is the file.

§

I have also used multiple browsers and still same issue

DrigtimeAuthor
§

Tanks for the logs !
Oh I see what is causing the issue, never seen that before, I need to search of a way to handle this case, seems like some kind of browser security.
I tried in Edge to and had some similar issue.

In case you can't wait, I'm using Brave and never faced this, so my recommendation is to use it for now while I work to handle this case.

Thanks again !

DrigtimeAuthor
§

I've just quickly investigated, and it seems that it happen when Opera GX loses focus, it's because Vortex is bringing itself forward when it receives a new mod. A security feature prevents the script from opening any more links in this situation.

To fix this, you just need to apply the recommended settings listed in the mod description.
In particular, you should change the setting that stops Vortex from bringing itself forward (Settings > Interface > Customisation > Bring Vortex to foreground...).
This will allow Opera to maintain focus during the downloading process.
Alternatively, you could use a different browser, such as Brave, for example.

§

I have that disabled and that does not work.

DrigtimeAuthor
§

Okey, I jumped to fast to a conclusion.

So I made some search and I just dont see any solutions :/

I tried multiple way to send the links to Vortex, none of them works... The only way is to make what the protection want a "user gesture", so the users would need to click on all links to send then to Vortex instead of automatically opening them. This would defeat the purpose of the script :/

So yeah my recommendations is to use a Browser that dont have this security.
I tested this ones and all worked :

• Edge seems to work, the issue I had was different and related to my system
  • Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Brave
§

I'm using brave and it is working well.

Sign in to post a reply.