Greasy Fork is available in English.

[TS] Pixiv Whitecube (Alpha)

This is Pixiv++ for Whitecube layout. It's in alpha stage. Filtering works.

< Feedback on [TS] Pixiv Whitecube (Alpha)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 26-11-2016
Edited: 26-11-2016

Some feedback

Is there any way to make the thumbnail previewer pop up on the side of the mouse instead of below it? Or perhaps have it pop up wherever there's space? The way it is now, it forces you to scroll down a little bit to view the enlarged preview if the thumbnail you hover the mouse over is near the bottom of the screen, since it defaults to below the image. It also covers up the buttons on the bottom of the thumbnail, such as the "Like" buttons etc, so we have to wait for the preview popup to fade away before we can click any of those buttons.

Is there a way to adjust the size/resolution of the preview that pops up?

Also, is it possible to make the preview disappear immediately after the mouse stops hovering over the thumbnail? There's some delay between taking the mouse cursor off the thumbnail and the preview disappearing, which can get in the way since the preview covers up a lot of the page.

The thumbnail preview tools are the only major issue I'm experiencing right now, but otherwise, it's an awesome script! Great job!

TimidScriptAuthor
§
Posted: 27-11-2016

Hi,

I no longer have access to Pixiv Whitecube. I was using a kind users account but he switched back to normal Pixiv so I can no longer work on it, even if I wanted to.

The Preview should not cover the thumbnail or at least it didn't when I last tried it. And it should not default to bottom unless you set it to bottom. It pops up either above the thumbnail or below it. It does some calculation to find out what is the best solution. Or at least that's the way it use to work.

There has to be a delay in the preview to give you time to hover to it. I think it is 1.5seconds. You can press C to close it at any time.

There is a side controls that can alter the position and resolution of the preview.

Hotkeys you want are:

• Q to place it on top and Z to place it on bottom (A is auto).
  • Resolutions: W High , S Medium, X no image just links and info
  • C close the preview

The rest of the controls can be found in the description page.

Controls image

§
Posted: 28-11-2016

I see. Pressing "A" for auto definitely helps a bunch, but it still has some minor issues.

Is there a way to specify exact dimensions for the thumbnail preview, aside from just High and Medium?

When I hover over a thumbnail and the enlarged preview pops up, it calculates which side of the screen has more room to display (above or below), and then displays it there. However, it doesn't take into account the room on the side. For example, take a look at these screenshots I took. http://imgur.com/a/nDk6n

In the first screenshot, part of the thumbnail preview is cut off by the screen, since there is insufficient space to fit the whole preview. Since the thumbnail preview can only calculate whether to display it on the bottom or on the top, it will choose one even though there isn't enough space. However, there is plenty of space to the left of the thumbnail on the screen to display the full thumbnail preview, so how to make the calculations take the side space into account?

In the second screenshot, it shows the "Works" page of an artist. The thumbnails here are already big enough, so is there a way to disable the thumbnail previews of the script specifically on artists' "Works" pages?

I hope that my description makes sense and that you can help with these concerns. Thanks!

TimidScriptAuthor
§
Posted: 28-11-2016

Hi,

I am unable to work on it at the moment for two reasons:

• I do not have access to Whitecube anymore. My Pixiv account is normal, I never got the trial run.
  • I am unable to do "serious" coding as I am still recovering from an injury.

the thumbnails here are already big enough,

You can always just turn it off the imaging by pressing "X" and then turn it back on. It's just a single button click. The idea disabling for specific artist is a no go area. Disabling it for large thumbnails a possibility, though unlikely as in most cases those images are cropped. The best option at the moment is "X".

display it on the bottom or on the top

I wanted a specific position rather than having it each time pop up in one of four directions. For paged illustrations it almost always have to be top and bottom. For those without widescreen, top and bottom. I use HQ images rather than medium so my previous were large in PixivW and in many cases T or B. I will look into it when I get access to Pixiv Whitecube, but it will have lower priority than other items on the todo list, specifically sorting.

§
Posted: 30-11-2016
Edited: 01-12-2016

Hi again. I tried what you said and tried pressing "C" to close the preview at any time. It works, however it doesn't work when you're on the page of a work, because pressing "C" is the hotkey to write a comment. I'm guessing the "C" hotkey for the comment overrides the priority for closing the preview. Is there a way to remap this function to another key/button so that the "close preview" function and "write comment" don't conflict? Thanks.

Also, here is an example of what I mean for when the thumbnail preview blocks things. http://imgur.com/a/fsPoX
I know that you don't have access to Whitecube at the moment, but do you know of a way to remedy this? Sorry for all the questions, but I just really like your script :)

TimidScriptAuthor
§
Posted: 04-12-2016

I am unable to do anything until I get access to the site. Little else I can do.

Sign in to post a reply.