Greasy Fork is available in English.

Vector Layout For Wikipedia

This script appends ?useskin=vector to any Wikipedia Wiki page you visit. This returns the site to its old default desktop layout before the 2023 redesign.

< Commentaires sur Vector Layout For Wikipedia

Avis: OK - le script fonctionne, mais souffre de quelques problèmes

§
Posté le: 19/01/2023

Can you make this script work for all Wikiproject websites? And instead of using a simple list, try adding something that detects if the site is a wikiproject website or not. Probably some marker in their code that sets them apart from all other websites. Thanks.

§
Posté le: 19/01/2023
Édité le: 19/01/2023

I presume that you mean "Wikimedia" instead of "Wikiproject." Yes, that could probably be done by checking for the Wikimedia Foundation Registered Trademark Notice in the copyright footer. However, I see no reason to do so yet since other Wikimedia sites still use the Legacy Vector layout.

Also, an "OK" review for an almost unrelated request is really unwarranted. My script does what it promises to do so perfectly. I'd appreciate it if you changed it to "no rating"

§
Posté le: 20/01/2023

Mediawiki (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki) already has the new skin as default. I have an account on Wikipedia so it always uses my chosen skin there, but I dont want to make accounts for the like 15+ Wikimedia Side Projects just to set a skin there. Would appreciate if you could add the other sites as well, its probably only a matter of time until they also change over. Instead of looking for the Trademark Notice couldn't you just include them all in the match field? Its not like there are that many. Cheers.

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.