Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Commentaires sur Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Avis: Bon - le script fonctionne correctement

§
Posté le: 01/09/2020

Most block buttons do not show up on Firefox 80. Only the buttons in the Top Stories and Videos sections show up. "Display block buttons" is set to "Always." Here are the things I tried:

- both the "Headline" and "Cite line" positions
- uninstall and reinstall the script
- cleared cache
- Disabled all extensions except Tampermonkey
- Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection is off

What else can I try to get the all block buttons to show up again?

§
Posté le: 02/09/2020

I haven't been able to replicate the problem. Google may have tweaked the layout of your results page as an experiment and I haven't seen it yet. Any difference if your clear your Google cookies? What I mean is:

While viewing a page on the site, click the lock icon at the left end of the address bar. After a moment, a "Clear Cookies and Site Data" button should appear at the bottom. Go ahead and click that.

In the dialog that opens, you will see one or more matches to the current address so you can remove the site's cookies individually without affecting other sites. If you are logged in, this will end your session so make sure to save any work in Google apps.

Then try searching again in a new tab. Any difference?

§

I cleared Google cookies, but there was no change. Google did in fact change the layout of results pages back in January, but I would have thought that the changes already rolled out to everyone by now. See https://www.wired.com/story/blurred-lines-closed-loops-google-search/.

Your script still works for me on Vivaldi, so I can use it for now if I need to block any domains. The fact that it works on Vivaldi but not Firefox suggests to me that it's Firefox specific.

§

Hmm, I use Firefox as my regular browser, but I haven't seen the issue yet. Perhaps it is a particular Firefox setting that doesn't come readily to mind.

§
Posté le: 10/09/2020

I don't know when it happened, but all block buttons have started showing up again in Firefox 80.0.1. Hopefully they won't disappear again!

§
Posté le: 17/09/2020

I'm on Chrome v85.0.4183.102 and clearing the cache & cookies got the scipt to function with Google search once again but it also desynced my google account. As soon as I signed back in to sync my Google account the script stopped functioning with google search again.

§
Posté le: 17/09/2020

Hi Satori-in-life, could you run a sample search and then post the HTML of the results area of the page on Pastebin and share the link back here?

After running your search, right-click a little to the left of the first organic web result and choose Inspect. This should open the Developer Tools with that element highlighted in the HTML panel.

When you hover the mouse over that HTML tag, a blue overlay in the page should show that it contains the organic search results.

Right-click that HTML tag > Copy > outerHTML

Then create a new paste on https://pastebin.com/ and in the "Syntax Highlighting" selector, choose HTML. You can give it a name if you like. Here's an example of what you could expect to see after the submission appears with its unique URL:

https://pastebin.com/aQvQ2N12

Hopefully I can figure out what is different when you are logged in versus when I'm logged in.

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.