Greasy Fork is available in English.

Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Greasy Scripts - Firefox add-on querying Greasy Fork for available scripts (Greasfire alternative)

§
Posté le: 02/04/2015

Greasy Scripts - Firefox add-on querying Greasy Fork for available scripts (Greasfire alternative)

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that I just finished the initial release of my new Firefox add-on Greasy Scripts and it's awaiting review as we speak.

It integrates seamlessly with Greasemonkey or Scriptish and provides

• A button to quickly do a by-site search here on Greasy Scripts with the domain of the currently opened page being automatically inserted.
  • The possibility to automatically request the number of scripts that are available for a given domain on Greasy Fork in background and notify you visually (via a highlighted button) if scripts are available.

See the AMO project page for details.
The source code is hosted on GitHub if you want to have a look / report and issue / provide a translation or even want to contribute code

Here's a screenshot of Greasy Scripts in action with Greasemonkey integration: test

I'd be happy if you'd test it and give me feedback on whatever comes to your mind!

Best regards,
Eduard

§
Édité le: 02/04/2015

Just tried it and working great. Thanks for adding an option to disable the background effect; hate it and hated it on Greasefire too. :)

Is it correct that it only works for one userscript addon at the time? I have both GM and Scriptish installed, and it's only active on GM atm. What if Scriptish is my goto addon?

Feature request; support for OpenUserJS.org

§

Yes, I designed it to work together with only one of the add-ons since I assumed nobody would have two script engines installed in parallel - how wrong one can be. ;)
Do you think it would be useful to support multiple add-ons at the same time? Or would a possibility to manually select (a single) engine be sufficient for you? The latter was something I actually wanted to support but disabled for this release since it interfered with automatic detection, but would probably be easy to fix.

OpenUserJS support is already planned. However
a) I wanted to track down potential bugs in the current implementation first before expanding it for OUJS
b) This needs work on the OUJS side first since they do not have an API yet, see issue #77. Otherwise I could only add partial support.

§

As an userscript developer I (have to) test all my scripts in both Firefox addons. I'm guessing more developers do, but normal users (only installing scripts) probably only have one installed. Selecting one active addon would be sufficient for me.

Maybe in a few weeks I have time to implement a search API for OUJS, but not right now. Perhaps restarting issue #77 would help development.

Another suggestion for the todo list; search for domain or full url.

§

Another suggestion for the todo list; search for domain or full url.

Searching by domain (more specifically the base domain when taking the public suffix list into account) is what Greasy Scripts currently does. This is also the behavior of Greasy Forks by-site search.

Greasy Scripts currently queries something like
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/by-site/google.com.json?meta=1
to get the number of scripts available and links to
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/by-site/google.com
when clicking the menuitem for the user readable list.

How is searching by full url supposed to work? As far as I know neither Greasy Fork nor OUJS allow to search by full url. So where should the data come from?

§
Posté le: 03/04/2015

Great stuff, if you need anything more from the API, let me know.

§
Posté le: 04/04/2015
Édité le: 04/04/2015

Very good idea!

I show just an incompatibility with :
[TS] Citrus GFork

When i use your addon , the related results greasy fork page open normally but after quickly it change and provide a normal search with not expected results ...

Hmm i am not very clear ...
But if you try ...

:-)

§

Thank you for this. I've been waiting for someone to replace GreaseFire

§
I show just an incompatibility with : [TS] Citrus GFork

I'll have a look at it (probably after easter). Maybe TimidScript himself can already comment on the issue? Greasy Scripts only opens the link; everything that is happening from then on is probably done by Citrus GFork anyway and there's probably nothing I can do.

§
Édité le: 04/04/2015

The compatibility is fixed now by its author (TimidScript)!

§
Posté le: 05/04/2015
Édité le: 05/04/2015

Problem was from my end and existed with and without your addon. It is fixed.

Suggestion:
Was wondering if you can make the monkey lightup or change colour like GreaseFire did when there exists scripts for the website.

§
Posté le: 05/04/2015

The button is already highlighted (gradient in background as shown in the screenshot) if your settings allow for it.

Specifically you have to "Request the number of available scripts" -> "Whenever visiting a new page". (And obviously you have to select "Highlight toolbar button if scripts are available").

If you have set it like this and it still does not work I'd need more information on your setup do debug it (e.g. if the number of scripts in the menu is correctly shown to start with and if you have a custom Firefox theme installed, etc.).

§
Posté le: 06/04/2015

Thanks. Now I see it.

It seems there's a conflict with "Classic Theme Restorer" when you enable "Small buttons on navigation toolbar".

Is it possible to have a fix for it?

Also can you please add selection of icon colour backgrounds as the current blue background is hard to spot in certain colour schemes (mine).

§
Posté le: 11/04/2015

I just released Greasy Scripts version 1.0.2! (download, changelog) Please give me feedback if anything broke since I changed some things internally.

@jerone: You can now freely choose the integration method.

@TimidScript: You can now customize the highlighting color. Furthermore the incompatiblity with "Classic Theme Restorer" is fixed.

§
Posté le: 11/04/2015
Édité le: 11/04/2015

i wish there could be something for Tampermonkey like this, great job Ede_123

§
Posté le: 14/04/2015

Wow, great! Thanks for the link.

BTW, Greasy Scripts is fully reviewed now on AMO.

§
Posté le: 17/04/2015

Thanks. Seems to work fine.

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.