Tumblr Accessibility UI Update Toggle (Defunct)

Roll back the accessibility UI update by default, and add a toggle to enable/disable it in the Dashboard settings page

< Commentaires sur Tumblr Accessibility UI Update Toggle (Defunct)

Question / commentaire

§
Posté le: 2019-02-18

It just.. Stopped working altogether??

I love this thing, I swear. The new update genuinely hurts my eyes, and can't look at it for more than a few minutes before it gets intolerable for me, and so I had this set up because of this.

Now, it just suddenly stopped working altogether?

I can't share any screenshots because it won't actually let me for some reason, but no matter what I do on the switch to turn it on or off, it just stays on the new, horrible, blue!!

Anyone else dealing with this, or am I the only one? And... Is there a way to fix it?

§

Same here!!! It's the worst. I wonder if tumblr deliberately did something to make it not work

§

Same here, tried getting online today and now I have a migraine thanks to the color nightmare. I'm inclined to believe tumblr did this on purpose bc it pissed them off.

§

I just uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure it wasn't some browser bug, still nothing. In the meantime tried the X-Kit Old Blue extension and that one is now not working either, I really hope its not the case but it seems like tumblr is legit cracking down on the workarounds

I wonder if this suddenly not working is tied to the weird layout glitch other people have reported?

§

The problem is that the script was based on removing a CSS class from the elements that had it, which was responsible of changing the color to the new blue one, the script toggled that class so every element didn't have it and the color just went back to old blue. But now the class was removed from the site so it stopped working. Also I think they removed the old blue and the only blue is now the new one. It isn't really hard to update, but it is needed to check every element that has the new blue individually, so it's a hassle.

rubyrubyAuteur
§

It's not tied to the other issue.

For a while (presumably when they were still rolling it out) all the classes that made up how the UI looked before the accessibility update were still there, but new classes were added on top of them giving you the new look.

This script simply turned off those new classes.

Now however, the classes from accessibility update have replaced the original ones, so this script will no longer work and a different approach will be needed if you'd like to revert back to the old UI again.

I'm not inclined to work on one myself though, at least at the moment, as tumblr actually banned me for distributing this.

so yeah, everyone press F for the old UI.

§
Posté le: 2019-02-19

Does this mean we are just stuck with the stupid color scheme? I don't know if I can keep using tumblr anymore if so, I can't handle the migraines.

§
Posté le: 2019-02-20

Just got an update to this via tumblr shoving some dumb notification thing in my face.

TUMBLR UPDATED THE SITE SO WE CAN'T UNDO THE NEW COLOR SCHEME.

...God, I hate this website....

§
Posté le: 2019-02-24

The new xKit has their old blue script working again so it CAN be done. Hopefully, they'll update this script too? I liked it better because of the lack of loading time

rubyrubyAuteur
§
Posté le: 2019-02-25

I've actually completed a new solution in the time since my last comment, but it'll be just a little longer before I release it. It works even better than before now, though (:

hang tight!

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.