Greasy Fork is available in English.

Linkify Plus Plus

Based on Linkify Plus. Turn plain text URLs into links.

< Opiniones de Linkify Plus Plus

Pregunta o comentario

§
Publicado: 13/4/2024

Please do not use this script on YouTube or any website that has YouTube videos embedded. I checked it on both Firefox based and Chromium based browsers. It makes CPU run at 100%, and I have plenty of CPU. Memory on those YouTube pages is leaking like crazy. After watching video for an hour, memory on the tab was 3.5GB and video was unresponsive with only sound playing. This is a major bug and on a slow computer can literally destroy the system.

eightAutor
§

What is your userscript manager and browser version? Can you post a video that triggers the bug?

§
Editado: 13/4/2024

I use latest versions of Floorp(less known fork of Firefox) and Brave. I use Violentmonkey script manager on both. Every YouTube video triggers the bug, less severe with embedded ones though, but I did not spend much time investigated those. Reaction was 95% identical in both browsers. I was following pages in Browsers' task managers while videos were playing. YouTube tab CPU after pressing play would go immediately to 100%, back to 70% for a few seconds and forward to 120% where it fluctuated -/+ 10%. YouTube tab memory would start around 440MB which is somewhat abov normal for me and instead of fluctuating between 280Mb and 550Mb after pressing play where it usually stays on my system it immediately started growing and growing and growing. In 10 minutes, memory on YouTube tab would be around 700MB. In half an hour it would go 1.3GB to 1.5Gb. In the last few cases where I would keep it playing for an hour, memory on tab would go to around 3.5Gb. Video after half an hour did not display any controls at times, after an hour video became blank (white) and only sound could be heard. Also, no changes in high CPU or memory after page refresh, which I found puzzling. Of course, after YouTube tab memory went above 2Gb, refresh did not respond.

Sorry for not posting video, but no way I am installing this script again. For a few days I thought that YouTube went crazy, but there were no posts on forums.
Only then I started looking through my newly installed scripts one by one. I had five new YouTube scripts, so I started disabling them. Then I went through four new Google scripts. Your script was literary, the last one I expected to give this problem.

eightAutor
§

I can't reproduce on Brave.

Without any extensions: image After looping the video for 30 minutes: image

With Linkify Plus Plus: image After looping the video for 30 minutes: image

Memory usage is always around 150~220 MB.

Are you able to reproduce the issue with a fresh profile?

§

I did not do new profile, but I installed fresh version of Firefox with Violentmonkey and only this script. And the bug was not replicated. It is definite that some extensions or scripts are causing the problem. Possible culprits that installed on both browsers are:

Blexb
Imagus
Google Translate
Cookie Autodelete
Blocktube
SponsorBlock
AdGuard(No filter lists on Brave. I use it only on Reddit because native Brave ad blocker does not do a good job there for me).

Of course, it could be some conflict with Violentmonkey scripts(I have 18 active on YouTube page)

Recently installed or updated:

YouTube Volume Fixer
YouTube TV Remember Volume
YouTube - Display current volume
YouTube Unblocker and YouTube DeBlock (One at the time)
GOOGLE SIGNIN KILLER

Older YouTube scripts (Some have duplicating functionality or obsolete)

Auto ad skipper
YouTube Ad Cleaner(Include Non-Skippable Ads- works)
YouTube: Remove all ads!
Simple YouTube Age Restriction Bypass
Auto Disable YouTube AutoPlay Next Video Setting
Kill YouTube Channel Video Autoplay
Show Youtube Video Length Time

None YouTube specific scripts that still show:

General URL Cleaner
RU AdList JS Fixes
RemoveAds
Selection and Copying Restorer (Universal)

§

Disregard Previous reply. I deleted few recent YouTube scrips and one or two older scripts after deleting Linkify Plus Plus, and now I can not replicate the bug after reinstalling Linkify Plus Plus. It is definitely script interaction. Still, memory usage is 15% higher than before, but it's ok.

§

Disregard Previous reply. I deleted few recent YouTube scrips and one or two older scripts after deleting Linkify Plus Plus, and now I can not replicate the bug after reinstalling Linkify Plus Plus. It is definitely script interaction. Still, memory usage is 15% higher than before, but it's ok.

I wish I kept track of deleted scripts, but I did not.

eightAutor
§
Publicado: 14/4/2024

If you encounter any performance bug (e.g. CPU 100%) on Firefox in the future, you can try recording a profile via Firefox Profiler. It should help debugging performance issues.

Publicar respuesta

Inicia sesión para responder.