Thank you for your support!
If you like this script you can buy me a coffee via PayPal.Me or Ko-fi.com
What does this script do?
This script implements the "local explorer - file manager" functionality of your web browser and provides a system whereby the file list can be sorted in a custom way using regular expressions.
Some browsers may prevent the execution of user-scripts that access local files (where the URL scheme is
In that case in your browser, through the extension's settings page (for your script manager), you need to allow access to the file URLs.
Familiarity with regular expressions is required to use this script correctly.
Otherwise it might be useful for you to consult some guide or ask for help in some online community for developers, so that you can properly build your regular expressions.
- once the script is installed in your browse, press
Ctrl+O then select and open a folder
- your browser's file manager will then open
- in addition to the native functionalities for normal browsing of local files, there is now a form and an additional output column
- by filling in the fields of the form, the respective result is returned in the output column
- in the "Pattern" field insert a RegExp (regular expression) with which to match a substring for each file name in the list. It is also possible to define capture groups, which you can use in the "Output" field, to define individual portions
- you can leave the "Output" field empty to get the whole result detected via RegExp or set an output string using the capture group placeholders
- by clicking on the table headers you can change the sorting of the list in ascending or descending order based on the values of the specific column
- also consider that all user-defined settings, with this script, are stored for each individual folder, so you can find the same session when you browse that folder again.
Have a good browsing!