Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Migrate Script to another platform

§
Posted: 2022-01-19
Edited: 2022-01-19

Hello,

unfortuantely I got targeted by a troll, who is trying to make Greasy Fork delete my public script.
They reported it and asked for deletion, but the case could be solved.
However, I am extremely worried. I expect more reports targeting my script and even though I expect them to be rejected, the script will be unreachable as long as the case is open.

Therefore I want to leave Greasy Fork and host my script on my own.
I couldn't find any info on how to do this?

I was thinking I could just release a new version of the script with a new @updateURL (that would target to the new location of the script) but now I have learned that Greasy Fork overrides @updateURL.

What else can I do?

Kind Regards

§
Posted: 2022-01-19

You can host .user.js files anywhere you like, and just link to them for people to install.

You are not allowed to update people who installed your script on Greasy Fork to a version not hosted on Greasy Fork, not are you allowed to advertise an alternate install location on Greasy Fork.

§
Posted: 2022-01-21
Edited: 2022-01-21

Hello,

am I allowed to remove all code of the script but only leave a note that they need to go to the script website to get the script back? (And there they would find a new install location.)

I understand that you need to protect the users of the script, but if there is no way out of the jail, I will have to make the script unusable (basically delete all of its code) to force people to look for an update (which they would find on the website with the help of Google).

§
Posted: 2022-01-21
am I allowed to remove all code of the script but only leave a note that they need to go to the script website to get the script back?

No.

Sign in to post a reply.