Greasy Fork is available in English.

Better Google

Add 'quick search' input and 'go to top' button for Google. Also highlight search terms.

< Rückmeldungen aufBetter Google

Frage/Kommentar

§
Veröffentlicht: 14.09.2015
Bearbeitet: 14.09.2015

Thanx for the 'highlight search terms' capability

It's a nice twist.

Apparently, it returns a function that an earlier version of Google Search had, but took away.

There was userscript that provided similar functionality - Google Search Results Style Revert. (I'm sure there are other scripts that also tried to do the same.) Pity, by the time I found out about it, it didn't work.

Not that I'm requesting, but I'm sure someone will come along and ask: will/could you provide a User Script Command to turn off/on that highlighting? And allow to other colors?

Feifei HangVerfasser
§
Veröffentlicht: 15.09.2015

Hi Azazello,

Thanks very much for your feedback.

As you suggested, a "toggle highlight" menu command is implemented in the very latest version (5.1.3) of the script.

For the suggestion "allow to other colors?", I did not quite get what you mean by that... :-) However, a few colors are added for highlighting in 5.1.3.

Thanks very much, again! :-)

It's a nice twist.

Apparently, it returns a function that an earlier version of Google Search had, but took away.

There was userscript that provided similar functionality - Google Search Results Style Revert. (I'm sure there are other scripts that also tried to do the same.)
Pity, by the time I found out about it, it didn't work.

Not that I'm requesting, but I'm sure someone will come along and ask: will/could you provide a User Script Command to turn off/on that highlighting? And allow to other colors?

§
Veröffentlicht: 15.09.2015

oops, I should spell-checked that first: an option to allow using other colors.

I see you (now) have ten colors, hardcoded. It would be interesting to allow custom colors, without having to edit the script.

I don't know if userscripts can access a color palette. Maybe link into whichever one is used by the browser.

Antwort schreiben

Anmelden um eine Antwort zu senden.