How to install in a browser
With the Tampermonkey extension or any another similar to it. After installing the extension you will need to return to this page, refresh it, and click on the green "Install" button. The button is located at the beginning of the page, above this description.
About the script
The script adds on every website a performance counter that can show the frames per second value, frame time or used memory.
- Click on it with the left mouse button to change the mode
- Hold and drag to change it's position
- Click with the right mouse button to hide
- Left click on the last visible position to show it again
If you are going to use the script frequently, you will be annoyed by it's presence at all websites, not on the needed only.
You can make a list of a websites where the script should work:
- Open the control panel of your -monkey extension and select at scripts list "Performance monitor".
- Replace 9 string from "// @include *" to "// @include https://yoursite.com". Example: // @include https://ms.com
- For every website needed it's own string. If you need to add a lot of websites, it will look like this:
- Save the script with Ctrl+S combination or through a top toolbar
- Make somewhere on your computer a copy of your list. Unfortunately, when the script is updated, any user changes are deleted. This does not happen automatically, but better to be safe than to do it all over again.
At new versions of the Tampermonkey, if user makes own edits in a script, it disables the script autoupdate. But, I don't plan to update this script, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What I was lazy to do, but maybe I will make sometime
- Remembering the monitor last position and apply it after refreshing a page
- More comfortable handling of the websites white list
- Commands to reset a charts and the monitor position if some unexpected bug was encountered