Greasy Fork is available in English.

Translator for Whatsapp

Translator for Whatsapp web

< Feedback on Translator for Whatsapp

Question/comment

§
Posted: 12. 07. 2022

Hello, an error is generated in Whatsapp Web when selecting a contact. (Error binding for Whatsapp translator plugin!). Please see attached image of error. Can you please have a look and suggest a solution?

§
Posted: 13. 07. 2022

Obviously no support. I can see another user posted a similar error message over 7 days ago and no response!

passport4jAuthor
§

Updated. Please check if it works.

§

Hello, I just updated the script to the latest version and it's working as expected. Thanks for your support.

passport4jAuthor
§
Posted: 14. 07. 2022

I don't have enough to reconstruct it. Still not perfect yet. Anyway, it's working. Good luck!

§

Indeed it is working as before. Thanks for your support it's appreciated.

§

I realize you don't have much time to update the code, and your response was very quick to address the issue. I would like to ask for a feature when you have some time. I find the script very useful and it's relatively steady. One thing which would be great is to translate incoming messages automatically. Show the original incoming message and the translated message underneath. This I find would make it complete.
Thanks for your support.

§

Hello, I just realized that now I need to press the ****Press the RED SEND button to send translated message**** to send the translated message! Not sure why you changed it as such, seems it was so much better when you entered the message and just had to press "enter" to send the translated text. It was so much more efficient before. Can you please consider to bring it back as before?
Thanks.

passport4jAuthor
§

It's the technology limit. Before the text was entered in the input while now it's in HTML span. The Enter event is not able to be caught. I will try to update it when I have spare time.

§

ok thanks. Yes it would be really helpful if you can change it so that the enter key can be pressed to send the translated messages, much better for the flow of the messages. Thanks for your support.

I agree with Mike

passport4jAuthor
§
Posted: 08. 08. 2022

The logic has to be changed totally. It will take quite some time. I will do it when I have spare time.

I tried myself with my very limited programming skills to do some testing by changing the code and failed, and yes it seems that the logic should be changed

§
Posted: 08. 08. 2022

Hi Anoir, thanks for trying. Already before the Translator for Whatsapp script was only translating the outgoing messages, which is the most important, but at least you were able to have a conversation by just pressing Enter. However, the same logic could have been applied to incoming messages. But the way the script is now is totally unusable, not only is there an added delay as to when you type your message before it translate, but you have to leave the keyboard to point the mouse to that RED SEND button! I just keep a mini Google translate window!

Sorry Mike, I wish if I could help really, but I tried again today, still I failed :(

I hate not being a programmer.

§
Posted: 17. 08. 2022

Hi Anoir, well at least you are trying which is more then we can say about that so called developer! He makes it sound as if he has to rewrite the code for a rocket engine! From what I see on these apps, most of these wanna be developers is the first application they try and develop, a translator! So for someone who's even a little familiar with this programing language should be able to develop this code in no time. It's good to know you're persistent! Who knows maybe the third time you try you will be successful!

Hi Mike,

I will give this another shot with the help of ChatGPT and see if I can find a way to make it like you described, I am just a tinkerer so far so don't expect anything.

btw, I am in Laval.

passport4jAuthor
§
Posted: 23. 04. 2023

Updated the translation logic. Now you could press ENTER to send the translated message. Have fun!

Sign in to post a reply.