Hides scripts for popular browser games and social networks as well as scripts that use "foreign" characters in descriptions, when browsing or searching scripts.
i.e. it filters any/all of these 4 categories:
- Games: scripts for browser games like Kingdoms of Camelot, Mafia Wars and Ikariam
- Social Networks: scripts for general purpose social networking sites like Facebook, studiVZ and VKontakte
- Non-ASCII: scripts that use non-English characters in description (accents, umlauts, cyrillic letters, ...)
- Clutter: obvious spam, titles like "asdasdasd", description = title, title < 6 characters, "just a test", scripts for themes/dark/night mode (because they are, in effect, userstyles).
The filters list appears just below the "Announcements" table (i.e. on the right).
Note: you may modify the value of line
const DEBUGGING = 0 to
1, in order the filtered scripts to be highlighted yellow -instead of hiding them- so that you can check which scripts have been filtered.
This is a modified version of this script: userscripts.org Bullshit Filter (by kuehlschrank).
Thanks a lot to kuehlschrank for making another great script.
Thanks a lot to valacar for the refactoring.
Hosted in GitHub
When reporting problems:
- State name and version of your browser and script manager.
- Provide a web address where I can see the problem for myself. A domain name is not enough.
Also, posting a screenshot is helpful.
- Post any related errors in the browser console.
- Be as specific as possible. I need to know where to look.
- For questions/comments/feature request/bug reports please use the (blue) rating " No rating - just a question, comment, feature request, or bug report".