Greasy Fork is available in English.
note 11/23/20: updated to work again
note 09/17/15: works in Chrome, unknown how well it works in Firefox
Automatically highlights search terms & full phrases in pages opened by Google search results.
- designed so only links originating from Google search (url referred) will contain highlighted search terms
- full phrases means a group of terms surrounded by quotation marks, an exact term search, such as: "the dark knight returns" (see screenshot)
- only whole words matched, example, for search term: 'the' >> result: 'their' or 'theme' will not contain highlighting
- case-insensitive highlighting
This script is a work in progress, written as an alternative to the convenient, official 'Google Quick Search' addon from the Chrome Store which no longer works and no updates are being made. Other replacements either didn't work or weren't satisfactory.
- Highlighting should work on most pages, but may not due to overriding by site's page css styles. Integrating a highlighting plugin may be considered if need be
- Search phrases will not be highlighted on pages if there's punctuation between words or letters, example
google search phrase: 'once twice three times a lady'
text won't be highlighted if appearing on page as: 'once, twice, three times a lady'