Greasy Fork is available in English.

YouTube - Fix Fullscreen Scrollbar

Hides YouTube fullscreen player's scrollbar that appeared in Firefox 86

< Feedback on YouTube - Fix Fullscreen Scrollbar

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2021-06-20

Maybe it's just me, but the scrolbar is still there...
This script shrunk it down, yes, but it's clearly still visible.
Especially visible when watching videos with black bars on the right and the left side of the video.
There's a thin bright line where the full sized scrollbar used to be.
The contrast when compared to the black background makes the thin bright line very distracting.
This is a script for removing or at least hiding the Fullscreen scrollbar.

I've tried another script for removing or hiding the scrollbar in normal view, and it works perfectly.
It's like the scrollbar was never there in the first place.
Hopefully this Fullscreen-script can be fixed so that it works the same way for Fullscreen.
Side note...:
My screen resolution is "2048*1152", maybe that has something to do with the fact why I can still see the shrunk down scrollbar.
This script does work somewhat, but it could get better.
Maybe add in a way to pick/set the color of the scrollbar, that way it can make the scollbar less noticable if it can't be removed completely.

§
Posted: 2021-06-22

Excuse me ,could you tell me which script is running normally?

§
Posted: 2021-12-12

It's really hard for me to imagine what you mean without any screenshots and URLs. All I can say for sure is it works for me in 1080p, 1440p and 2160p no problem. I didn't find a way to remove the scrollbar without taking away the functionality of actually scrolling down in full screen (to get access to save to playlist button, ratings, comments, etc) so I made it render outside of the screen. I did come up with proper values by trial and error, though, so it might not be perfect on every screen. AFAIK there's no way to change the window scrollbar colour (you can change that for textareas, sure, but IDK how to do that reliably for the whole window) but if you find out how I'll add that in.

§
Posted: 2023-02-08

For anyone still having issue with this, please, try to play with the pixels value in the script (it's short and easy, you won't have problem editing it). If it helps, let me know - I'll try to incorporate some slider for people.

Sign in to post a reply.