Greasy Fork is available in English.

Picviewer CE+

Powerful picture viewing tool online, which can popup/scale/rotate/batch save pictures automatically

< Feedback on Picviewer CE+

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2022-07-06

On Instagram pages it acts a bit strange. Doesn't open full-size image on mouse-over even if option is selected.

hoothinAuthor
§
Posted: 2022-07-07
Edited: 2022-07-07

Which page and which image?

I've tested this page and it acts all well.

Have you checked the option "Method to enable preview"?

§

Yes I've tried just enabling the Method to enable preview for Ctrl toggle and Adapt to window = true.

Here is a recording:
https://imgur.com/a/ioTvVhL

I was expecting:
1. image to load the full-screen image but sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. if you check some of the images that didn't load full screen you can open the post and see the image is actually much bigger.
2. Image should stretch to fit window
2. image to stay while mouse is on image (even if moved). If the user moves the mouse while on the image it goes away

Can you advise on any option changes from the default to achieve the above?

hoothinAuthor
§

Can you give me the test case which is actually much bigger on Instagram?

"stretch to fit window" & "always show when move on Instagram" will be fixed on next version.

hoothinAuthor
§

You can test the new option "Adapt to the screen even when it's small" under imgWindow now.

And I have fixed the "hide preview issue" when mouse move.

But I won't fix the full-screen image issue for Instagram now because the api "https://www.instagram.com/p/【id】/?__a=1" is not available now. I will set up the solution when I find some better way one day.

§

It is working better now. For the mouse move I think some people would prefer that after the pic has loaded and after a second has passed, then the picture should clears on mouse move. Anyway, I think it is fine.

The issue where it is showing the low-resolution picture is still happening even though I have disabled "Show small size pictures by default"
After opening the image, it opens the higher resolution image.

Test conditions: enable Adapt to screen, adapt to screen even when it's small; disable Show small size pictures by default
Steps to reproduce: see attached

hoothinAuthor
§

That's weird as I can't reappear the issue with your test conditions.

I can always get the 640x640 one. The script read the larger image only with the prop srcset, so you will get the 320 one only when the prop srcset does not exist OR the 640 one loaded with error.

Maybe more information helps. Like the console logs of Chrome.

§

I'm using the latest Firefox. The console log has a lot of "Uncaught TypeError" every time I move the mouse over an image:

Uncaught TypeError: $(...).attr(...) is undefined
tms_eb4c1c59_35c0_451b_bc09_28c5b112336a$/

eval:9858:63
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://graph.instagram.com/logging_client_events. (Reason: CORS request did not succeed). Status code: (null).

hoothinAuthor
§
Posted: 2022-07-08

Yeah, there is a issue on Firefox because the img.currentSrc.

It's fixed now, thanks.

§
Posted: 2022-07-08

Thanks, it works!

Enhancement sugestion: Regarding the mouseover thing would it be possible to make it an option:
"For the mouse move I think some people would prefer that after the pic has loaded and after a second has passed, then the picture should clears on mouse move."

Sometimes it is stuck on an image and pressing escape doesn't get out of it. Escape and moving mouse again

Suggestion 2: make pop-up only when mouse is within a certain space in the image so user can click next buttons on image (see image)

hoothinAuthor
§
Posted: 2022-07-09

I think a option which will move preview image just beside the mouse cursor can resolve this.

I will add that one day I get more spare time.:)

hoothinAuthor
§
Posted: 2022-07-18

Hello Ahmed, just letting you know that the option "Show preview beside mouse" has been added.

Sign in to post a reply.