Greasy Fork is available in English.

MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Keep track of the HITs you've done (and more!). Cross browser compatible.

< Feedback on MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015-08-22

Hangs up at Writing to database

It seemed that as it was finishing up fetching status pages, that's when the trouble started. I started seeing "Exceeded maximum server requests for the last few dates, then it displayed "Writing to database..." That was 30 minutes ago, and it's still "Writing to database."
Any idea why this would happen? I was really hoping I'd finally found the answer to using HITdb in Firefox. :(

feihtalityAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-08-22

It's a rare bug that I'm trying to track down. The writing should never take more than a few seconds. Refresh and try again; others have reported that it seems to fix itself eventually.

feihtalityAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-08-25

From my testing this only seems to happen when the database fails its initial setup process. Usually a refresh will fix the issue because it aborts the process and starts over. Unfortunately you may have a corrupted instance in which Chrome thinks the process was successful when in fact it wasn't, and thus it was never aborted.

Could you try to delete the database manually and see if it fixes the issue?

1. disable or uninstall this script from Tampermonkey
  2. refresh the dashboard and make sure no other pages are trying to access the database
  3. open the console
    • Chrome: ctrl+shift+J or through the menu > More tools > JavaScript console
    • Firefox: ctrl+shift+K or through the menu > Developer > Web Console
  4. type in indexedDB.deleteDatabase("HITDB_TESTING")
  5. refresh the dashboard again
  6. enable or reinstall the latest version of this script

Please let me know if this ends up working for you.

§
Posted: 2015-08-28

Thanks for your advice. I followed your instructions, but when I tried to update the database, it still didn't work. After saying "Writing to database" for a few seconds, it gave me a message about there being a problem creating the database and asking me to refresh and try again. I tried refreshing several times, but it didn't work.

Then I uninstalled the script and followed your instructions step by step for a second time. Same thing - There was a problem building the database, please refresh, etc. Several refreshes and re-attempts at updating always gave the same result. Maybe it's something about my browser settings, maybe another script is interfering, I don't know. It just isn't working for me.

I really appreciate your efforts, but I think it's time for me to accept that the Fates have decreed that I will never be able to use HITDB in Firefox. Such is life. Thanks, anyway!

§
Posted: 2015-09-11

So I am attempting to use this HitDB on Firefox and Chrome, I get the same results on both, in firefox using the firebug extension I am able to track down what I believe is the problem but I have no idea how to solve it. This is the error that I see

Empty string passed to getElementById()

There are 13 errors of with this value. I used your delete code posted above and refreshed the page but I still get this error. So what I see happening is it attempting to parse my data (which really needs a speed limiter in there as it spends a great deal of time refreshing page due to exceeds limits errors, to which of course means I can do nothing else as far as searching for HITs or submitting them when this is running). Once the parse is done and it says database is updated I get ZERO results. When I click to export and open that in an editor all I see is {}. I assume this is because it cannot get any element ID's. Let me know what it takes to fix this please.

§
Posted: 2016-11-05

@feihtality , I'm having the exact same problem as the above poster. I get the error above in the console even when all scripts are turned off and I think that might be breaking this script. I'm a web developer and could help walk you through the problems on my end.

feihtalityAuthor
§
Posted: 2016-11-06

@popculturepanda The empty string error is irrelevant. You can tell from the console that it does not originate from this script. And regardless, does not affect its performance in any way.

I've noticed that it's only a very small subset of Firefox users that are having this problem. I do not use Firefox regularly and have been unsuccessful in my attempts to reproduce it. I would certainly appreciate any assistance you can provide in diagnosing the issue.

§
Posted: 2016-11-16

Hi, I wanted to post for the benefit of others:

There were some variables in localstorage that weren't being created for some reason. If you don't have these and it's working you should see this in the console:

HITStorage.versionChange::onupgradeneeded
creating HIT OS
creating STATS OS
creating NOTES OS

I was not getting these. Unrelated to this issue I performed a CCLeaner full clean of firefox (cookies, history, everything) which I rarely do. Upon doing that and logging into Mturk dashboard again, I got the message in the console above and HitDB was able to create a working localstorage :)

Sign in to post a reply.