Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.3.1 2024-05-11

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2023-07-11

The block button (GHHbD) always covers the image while searching images.

§
Posted: 2023-07-15

This has bugged me forever and I came looking to see if it had been addressed yet. It hasn't, so I took the time and figured out how to fix it myself.

Edit the script (as of v2.2.7 this is line 457) to replace this:

dnew.innerHTML = '<button type="button" title="Block/Unblock" url="' + alnk.href + '" style="position:relative; top: 5em; right: 6px; z-index: 1000; color: #609beb; background-color: #333; border: 1px solid #609beb;">GHHbD</button>';

with this:

dnew.innerHTML = '<button type="button" title="Block/Unblock" url="' + alnk.href + '" style="position:absolute; bottom: 1px; right: 1px; z-index: 1000; color: #609beb; background-color: #333; border: 1px solid #609beb;">GHHbD</button>';

Enjoy!

§
Posted: 2023-07-20

This has bugged me forever and I came looking to see if it had been addressed yet. It hasn't, so I took the time and figured out how to fix it myself.

Edit the script (as of v2.2.7 this is line 457) to replace this:

dnew.innerHTML = '<button type="button" title="Block/Unblock" url="' + alnk.href + '" style="position:relative; top: 5em; right: 6px; z-index: 1000; color: #609beb; background-color: #333; border: 1px solid #609beb;">GHHbD</button>';

with this:

dnew.innerHTML = '<button type="button" title="Block/Unblock" url="' + alnk.href + '" style="position:absolute; bottom: 1px; right: 1px; z-index: 1000; color: #609beb; background-color: #333; border: 1px solid #609beb;">GHHbD</button>';

Enjoy!

Thanks for the answer. However, current code will make the "GHHbD" button cover the information of image's size when hovering the image. To change bottom: 1px to bottom: 20px can solve this issue. This really help me a lot!

§
Posted: 2023-07-20

Sorry for ignoring this problem for a while, but I'm not very familiar with display: flex layout and it took me a while to look into how to fix the alignment.

With version 2.2.8, it's back in the upper right corner. If you prefer, you probably can override that back to lower right by replacing the new rules (now on lines 84-85 in the CSS block).

§
Posted: 2023-07-21

It's great to receive the update. Appreciate the improvements of scripts.

Sign in to post a reply.