Prefetch links when hovered

Speculatively prefetches hovered links to speed up browsing.

< 脚本Prefetch links when hovered的反馈

评价:好评 - 脚本一切正常

§
发表于:2014-12-22

Additional filter keywords

Works great. I've populated up the filter keywords to lean for better security over performance. This includes the equivalent italian keywords you would normally find in forms / action links.

var excludedPatterns = /sign[\s-]?in|sign[\s-]?out|log[\s-]?in|log[\s-]?out|sign[\s_-]?up|(un)?subscribe|(un)?register|edit|delete|purge|remove|clear|send|submit|post|publish|apply|confirm|cancel|erase|create|accedi|sottoscrivi|invia|pubblica|registra|modifica|conferma|cancella|elimina|rimuovi|/i;

Also I've removed the 200ms timeout, to prefetch asap and give some realworld performance speedup.

Anon 2作者
§
发表于:2014-12-26
编辑于:2014-12-26

Hi Davide,

Thanks for your interest and contributions to this script. It was just a small experiment I did several months ago. I've tried it myself for a while and ran into serious issues with it invoking unintentional actions on different websites. The regexp filter was a rather unsuccessful attempt to try to reduce some of its risk, but it still doesn't help with many cases. For example: many "dangerous" links/buttons aren't labeled with any recognizable text (for example a literal URL), have a picture instead, or labeled with an unconventional word or using a different language etc.

Eventually, I concluded it would be ultimately impossible to make this 100% safe and abandoned it. The script is currently unlisted (and has always been), and I wouldn't recommend anyone using it on a regular basis.

A second script (which is public): https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/4419-ssl-accelerator

is 100% risk-free but more limited and was based on this one. I've been testing it for months now without any issues, though its effect appears to be quite limited.

发表回复

登录以发表回复。