Greasy Fork is available in English.

Reddit - Load 'Continue this thread' inline

Changes 'Continue this thread' links to insert the linked comments into the current page

< Feedback on Reddit - Load 'Continue this thread' inline

Câu hỏi/Bình luận

§
Posted: 09-01-2021
Edited: 09-01-2021

can't get this to work, whatever I do, I get the old "continue this thread ->" link reloads the current page to that thread:
https://i.imgur.com/QxYUYQM.png

§
Posted: 11-01-2021

same over there. Nothing changed after install. Firefox and tampermonkey

§
Posted: 16-01-2021
Edited: 16-01-2021

Hmm, from your picture, it would appear the script either isn't injected into the page or has encountered an error. I say this because the styling rules this extension puts in place should result in the "continue this thread" link looking like this.

https://imgur.com/aC6JLHj.png

IMHO, this is a ridiculously useful script and has served me well for years, so I'd like to help get it working for you if possible (the dev sometimes monitors these comments too)

A few questions:

• What other userscripts or extensions are you running? If adblocker, does disabling it make the extension work?
  • Are you logged in? Is your account set to use the old or new reddit?
  • Do you see any errors in the console when you visit a reddit page with a "continue this thread" link? (i.e. when visiting reddit.com, press F12, click the "console" tab, then refresh the page. Do any errors show up in the console (other than ASCII art of the Reddit Snoo advertising jobs)? Also, what other extensions are you using?
spiralxTác giả
§
Posted: 18-01-2021

Hello, someone else said that the extension didn't work when they weren't logged in - is that the case?

I've just tried it using

• Firefox and Greasemonkey
  • Firefox and Tampermonkey
  • Chrome and Tampermonkey

and it's working for me for all of them.

As travisterrell asked, if you could see if there are any errors appearing when you're on the page that would be super-helpful:

Do you see any errors in the console when you visit a reddit page with a "continue this thread" link? (i.e. when visiting reddit.com, press F12, click the "console" tab, then refresh the page. Do any errors show up in the console (other than ASCII art of the Reddit Snoo advertising jobs)? Also, what other extensions are you using?

Hopefully I can help :)

§
Posted: 21-01-2021
Edited: 21-01-2021

wow, happy to see the readiness to help - thanks!
I really want to get this working, so I tried everything I could think of even before opening this discussion:
- running with 0 other chrome extensions
- tampermonkey only has this userscript running
- logged in, using the new reddit
- 0 errors in the console.

I even tried adding a console.log somewhere in the script, but it never showed in the messages (in the developer tools).
do you have a debug version I can try?

spiralxTác giả
§

The script was written before the redesign so I've got no idea whether it works on the new design or is even relevant there... so that might be the issue lol.

Is that the case for you? I'll have a look as well and update the description to make it clearer.

§

ok, that was it. I had no idea it's only relevant for the old reddit.
now for the request part :-D is there any chance to make it work with the new reddit version?
it's a wonderful feature!

§

Update for the new version? Lol, nah man, you just need to switch to the objectively superior version of Reddit!

jkjK (mostly, lol.)

spiralxTác giả
§
Posted: 25-01-2021

ok, that was it. I had no idea it's only relevant for the old reddit.now for the request part :-D is there any chance to make it work with the new reddit version?it's a wonderful feature!

Thanks, I'll update the description to make it clear it's for the old layout!

I've just had a look at the new version of the site and I can see why you'd want something like this, but it's definitely not simple unfortunately - the whole layout works differently and it's not just designed to view deeply-nested comment threads all at once. It would only take getting to a half a dozen comments deep before everything would be squashed up against the edge of the column and unreadable...

Đăng nhập để bình luận