Youtube - Auto Like

Auto likes a video near the end, the goal being to keep track of watched videos since youtube history is limited

< Feedback on Youtube - Auto Like

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 29-11-2023

It doesn't work anymore since 2 weeks :(

my pecs: chrome version 120.0.6099.35 and violentmonkey

Dry SpoonTác giả
§
Posted: 01-12-2023

I fixed an issue 2 weeks ago with version 0.8. I changed the selector for the video `document.querySelector('video.video-stream')`.

§

I fixed an issue 2 weeks ago with version 0.8. I changed the selector for the video `document.querySelector('video.video-stream')`.

If you want you can tell me how can i fix it by myself by changing a certain voice in the script

Dry SpoonTác giả
§

Are you using version 0.8 of the script `// @version 0.8`? Maybe it didn't auto update and you need to manually reinstall the script.

It works for me on Chrome. The like is triggered after watching 90% of the video `if(video.currentTime/video.duration > 0.9)`. Otherwise, I am not sure what could be the issue.

The script works by finding the video `let video = document.querySelector('video.video-stream')` and adding a listener `video.addEventListener('timeupdate'`. To find the like button, I use `document.querySelector('#segmented-like-button button')`. Maybe there is an issue with one of these query selectors.

§

Are you using version 0.8 of the script `// @version 0.8`? Maybe it didn't auto update and you need to manually reinstall the script.

It works for me on Chrome. The like is triggered after watching 90% of the video `if(video.currentTime/video.duration > 0.9)`. Otherwise, I am not sure what could be the issue.

The script works by finding the video `let video = document.querySelector('video.video-stream')` and adding a listener `video.addEventListener('timeupdate'`. To find the like button, I use `document.querySelector('#segmented-like-button button')`. Maybe there is an issue with one of these query selectors.

Yeah i updated it manually to the latest one but it doesn't work 😭

Dry SpoonTác giả
§
Posted: 02-12-2023

Oh that's weird. To confirm, do you wait until the end of the video for the like to trigger?

I just tested it on Firefox and it also works. I am using Tampermonkey but that shouldn't make a difference.

Do the query selectors (for video and like button) highlight the corresponding elements when typed in the console (see image)?

Dry SpoonTác giả
§

Does version 0.7 work? The findVideo is slighly more inefficient because it finds more than one video element.

function findVideo(onVideoFound){
let videos = [] // for some reason there is more than 1 video found
const observer = new MutationObserver((mutations, observer) => {
// Keep trying to find video
let video = document.querySelector('video')
if(video){
let alreadyFound = videos.includes(video)
if(!alreadyFound){
videos.push(video)

l('videos found:', videos)
onVideoFound(video)
}
}
})
observer.observe(document, {childList:true, subtree:true})
}

§

Does version 0.7 work? The findVideo is slighly more inefficient because it finds more than one video element.

function findVideo(onVideoFound){
let videos = [] // for some reason there is more than 1 video found
const observer = new MutationObserver((mutations, observer) => {
// Keep trying to find video
let video = document.querySelector('video')
if(video){
let alreadyFound = videos.includes(video)
if(!alreadyFound){
videos.push(video)

l('videos found:', videos)
onVideoFound(video)
}
}
})
observer.observe(document, {childList:true, subtree:true})
}

I just tried to install the 0.6 and it works 🤔😂 with the 0.7 doesn't work neither🤷🏻

Dry SpoonTác giả
§

Oh that's really strange. 0.7 should work if 0.6 works (the findVideo method is more general). Maybe Youtube is testing different layouts and we aren't receiving the same page.

§
Posted: 26-06-2024

Oh that's really strange. 0.7 should work if 0.6 works (the findVideo method is more general). Maybe Youtube is testing different layouts and we aren't receiving the same page.

Since 1 week it started to work randomly :( 3 times out of 10 it doesn't work anymore idk why.

Đăng nhập để bình luận