Google search "old style"

Change style in google search results page to look like the old design

< Feedback on Google search "old style"

Review: Good - script works

Deleted user 25884
§
Posted: 18-01-2021

Please add a font selector. "Google Sans" is killing me inside.

AchernarTác giả
§
Posted: 19-01-2021

Are you using the stylesheet in the screenshots?
I don't see any size, spacing or ordering modifications.
So, my question is this: do you need a font-family option in this stylesheet, or as a separate one?

You can download a beta version here: http://users.skynet.be/alternity/files/google%20search%20-%20old%20style.user.css.txt
In stylus, click "Write new style" (after enabling "as Usercss"). Copy-paste the content of the page linked above. Save the stylesheet.
Disable the normal stylesheet so that it doesn't interfere.

Note: in the page I receive, the font-family is always arial,sans-serif

Deleted user 25884
§

> Are you using the stylesheet in the screenshots?
>

Gomenasai, I was not for demonstration. But I can show even with the BETA it is not working yet.

However I am very grateful that you replied this fast and take my feature request seriously.
I find the spacing in Google Sans very uncomfortable and look forward to the classic feeling.

Deleted user 25884
§

It is difficult to debug this since they roll out features randomly and cookie based.
I can clear the cookie but it always returns when they want to test new designs.
I am not logged into a google acc.

AchernarTác giả
§
Edited: 19-01-2021

- Open the stylus popup
- click the gear icon next to the stylesheet's name.
- check "change font" and fill in the name of the font.

AchernarTác giả
§

The spelling of the fontname must be correct or the page will use "times new roman" (I think)

The original font for me is arial,sans-serif

Deleted user 25884
§

You are absolutely correct and your script is theoretically fine, however Google IS NOT fine:
https://0bin.net/paste/SptUAfgb#2UNKndZEgI9QFODl1RQVHY9Ii482kUyqVkldiQXMJHA
(HTML source for modern design, lifetime 1 month, 0binned)

As you see in my little demo, their new design uses different tags (sorry I lack terminology) in the style sheet:
I promise no user error on my side ;)

Deleted user 25884
§

I'm sorry that this company plays so many tricks with devs and their little "renaming" schemes break so much scripts and styles.

AchernarTác giả
§
Posted: 20-01-2021

I see. I have fixed the issue with the result header.

Reload the http://users.skynet.be/alternity/files/google%20search%20-%20old%20style.user.css.txt
and paste it again in stylus.
You'll have to click in the style editor, then CTRL+A, then paste, to replace the existing code.

Note that I have not attempted to style other parts of the page, only the search results.

Deleted user 25884
§

Both title and summary text change now. Thank you, I have rated good and am simply amazed! Sorry that I kept you working late with my messages, I was finishing writing up something myself (in home office) and forgot the time.

Take care and thanks again, I know maintaining is hard and feature requests create extra stress.

AchernarTác giả
§

Don't be sorry. It was't difficult to do. ;)
The delay of several hours before my replies was due to a delay in the notification emails.

The online version of the script has been updated. You can delete the beta version and force an update.

Deleted user 25884
§

Good you reminded me. I moved back to the greasyfork version as you suggested, so the internal update URL will default to here and not the beta coding repo.

Đăng nhập để bình luận