Youtube Automatic BS Skip

A script to deal with the automatic skipping of fixed length intros/outros for your favourite Youtube channels.

< Feedback on Youtube Automatic BS Skip

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 23-04-2022

Any chance we can get a version of this script for skipping channel intros?

JustDaileTác giả
§
Posted: 08-05-2022

Hey man, you can set the `intro` instead of setting the outro.
I've just released a more stable version which should improve channel detection and thus speed up intro skipping.

Let me know if you go any other suggestions or issues.

§
Posted: 08-05-2022

Many thanks for the update the extension is working great.
I have found it conflicts with the "Stop AutoPlay Next for YouTube™" extension though. I have to disable that to use this. Any way you can be compatible with that extension?

JustDaileTác giả
§
Posted: 10-05-2022

Hi nascent,

Naturally this script will not work with the extension you have mentioned.
This is because of the nature of the script. To skip to next video when outro is reached.
However there is a `pause` option already built into the script you can try instead of the default skip behaviour.

Essentially, it will just pause the video when outro is reached.

§

But I don't use your script to skip outros. Only to skip intros.

§
Edited: 10-05-2022

Just to clarify what I'm saying. The icon this script adds (the white fireworks "YABSS") doesn't show at all if Stop AutoPlay Next for YouTube is installed. So it's not that outro functionality conflicts but youtube-automatic-bs-skip ion won't load at all if Stop AutoPlay Next for YouTube is enabled.

However, if I disable "Stop AutoPlay Next for YouTube", use youtube-automatic-bs-skip to set the intro time, then re-enable "Stop AutoPlay Next for YouTube", they both work. youtube-automatic-bs-skip skips the intro fine. I just cant see the fireworks "YABSS" button to configure the intro timer.

JustDaileTác giả
§

Ahh okay I see, This will be due to the container the button is added too on the video controls.
I'm guessing that the extension removes the container. I'll test that now and I'll update once I've found the problem.

Thanks for letting me know.

JustDaileTác giả
§

I've updated and fixed the issue causing the problem.

Enjoy.

§

Works incredibly, thank you so much.

§

Btw, would be nice to get a default outro action for channels where an outro or intro timer isn't set.
I've had to change the code to var playNextOnOutro = false; because otherwise I currently have to set pause on outro for every single channel I visit.
Minor thing, but setting it to permanently false solves it for me and everything else works perfectly.

JustDaileTác giả
§
Posted: 11-05-2022

Yeah man, makes sense for your use case. I agree.

This started as a script I did for me. I only intended to auto play next when a set outro was reached.
Its expanded a bit since then, with feedback.

Setting playNextOnOutro = false is essentially defaulting all channels to pause rather than skip.

You're correct though, that if no outro is set the script should not act at all and perform any of the actions.
I'll make sure I update this, since it is an oversight on my part.

Thanks.

JustDaileTác giả
§

I've updated that.

Feedback is appreciated :)

§

Thanks! It works great.
Much appreciated.

Đăng nhập để bình luận