Space-efficient Youtube

AKA: "Wide Youtube", AKA: "Wide video container" - Uses the page space on youtube more efficiently (especially good for high resolutions)

< Feedback on Space-efficient Youtube

Review: قالتىس - قوليازما ئىشلەيدۇ

§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2018-06-10

Not working anymore

Hi, your script was working smoothly until that time but it is not working now. The script name is appearing on tampermonkey active script page but youtube does not show main page widely. Thanks.

1N07ئاپتور
§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2018-07-09

I just tested it on Firefox nightly and Chrome. Working fine on both. Both layouts.

Considering how simple the script is the versions matter little. A youtube update could possible brake it. It's possible that you are being pushed some beta version of youtube. (They seem to like experimenting on people without permission these days)

I guess you can try -disable the script -refresh the youtube page -re-enable the script -refresh the youtube page

You can look in the console too. (CTRL+SHIFT+J) Maybe there's some error there.

§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2018-07-17

Just ok. The script works well with the latest update.

§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2019-05-01

It is not working again and I also tried the solution which you mentioned above. I guess it needs a new update. Thanks.

1N07ئاپتور
§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2019-05-12

@mozkan007 said: It is not working again and I also tried the solution which you mentioned above. I guess it needs a new update. Thanks.

What about it is not working? I tested it and again, everything seems to be working fine (firefox, chrome, both layouts). Make sure you have the latest version and that Fade++ compatibility mode is on/off depending on if you are using it or not.

You can also try this version

§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2019-05-12
تەھرىرلەنگەن ۋاقتى: 2019-05-12

I am using wide container v1.7.2 latest and chrome v74 latest and I added 2 screenshots below when the script has been on and off and I tried fade++ option but the result did not change.

The script is on: https://ibb.co/bvnzVsh

The script is off: https://ibb.co/8rPScQL

1N07ئاپتور
§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2019-05-14

Sorry about taking so long to answer again. Not sure what's wrong, it seems to be working fine for me.

I updated it just now. If it's still not working let me know if you see "Youtube Wide video container style added to DOM" in the console (CTRL+SHIFT+J) when you reload the page.

I also added a new mode you can try in case something is overriding the CSS rules. You can try turning it on:

§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2019-05-14
تەھرىرلەنگەن ۋاقتى: 2019-05-14

@1N07 said: Sorry about taking so long to answer again. Not sure what's wrong, it seems to be working fine for me.

I updated it just now. If it's still not working let me know if you see "Youtube Wide video container style added to DOM" in the console (CTRL+SHIFT+J) when you reload the page.

I also added a new mode you can try in case something is overriding the CSS rules. You can try turning it on:

I updated and made css option on and it is working fine. I guess this was the culprit. Thank you so much.

جاۋاب قايتۇرۇش

جاۋاب قايتۇرۇش ئۈچۈن كىرىش.