Block Youtube Users

Hide videos of blacklisted users/channels and comments

< Feedback on Block Youtube Users

Değerlendirme: Kötü - script çalışmıyor

§
Gönderildi: 22.07.2022
Düzenlendi: 22.07.2022

Script used to work beautifully. Now it's abandonware. YouTube finally caught up and patched this addon out, meaning it no longer works. It was nice while it lasted. Now it's garbage. Uninstalling this until this script gets updated.

ScheggeSahip
§
Gönderildi: 24.07.2022

In what way does the script not work for you?

§
Gönderildi: 25.07.2022

As other users mentioned, clicking the [X] no longer does anything. Nothing happens when you click on the B in the top right corner either. It's been this way for months now sadly.

§

Also read that you're working on fixing this via another comment. Thanks for looking into this again. I retract my abandonware comment!

ScheggeSahip
§

The problem is the script still works for me so I can’t replicate the issue. Can you open your browser console (if you don’t know what that is, tell me what browser are you using and I’ll tell you how to open it) and tell me if you see any errors relating to the script? Can you make a screenshot of it? Whilst the console is open, try clicking on the "B" and see if anything is changing.

§
Gönderildi: 26.07.2022

I'm using the brave browser, but the same happens on Edge Browser as well. I think I got the console open. Please let me know if this screenshot is helpful. I also recently updated and can confirm that the B icon is now working again. However, it looks like nothing happens still when I click on the [X] button beside the YouTube channel name.

ScheggeSahip
§

Yes thank you, that is correct.
Can you install this code https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Schegge/Test/main/Block%20Youtube%20Users%20TEST as a new userscript, you will have to copy and paste it in the editor of your script manager, and disable the original script. Try right-clicking on [x], open the console and tell me if you see these two lines:

js contextmenu DIV.byu-add          Block Youtube Users.user.js:285:18
jquery contextmenu DIV.byu-add      Block Youtube Users.user.js:300:18

or if you see any line with "Block Youtube Users" on the right.

§

I do see the two lines yes. Here's the screenshot

ScheggeSahip
§
Düzenlendi: 26.07.2022

And yet the script doesn’t add the new channel to the blacklist?

§

Correct. Also The [X]'s dont appear until I click the B button, this seems to only happen in the "test" script though.

ScheggeSahip
§
Düzenlendi: 26.07.2022

Correct. Also The [X]'s dont appear until I click the B button, this seems to only happen in the "test" script though.

Because you have to check the "right click add" in the menu.

Can you re-copy the code https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Schegge/Test/main/Block%20Youtube%20Users%20TEST and do the same thing again?
There should be two lines similar to this:

channel name Object { 0: div.byu-add, length: 1 } 0 false
channel name
§

Ahhh okay cool. Checking that box allowed it to show without clicking the button. I'm not sure if it's showing up. Is this still under the console tab? See attached

§
Gönderildi: 27.07.2022

NAILED IT! That fixed the issue and now I can block videos again! Thanks for your tireless efforts in getting this done. I know tons of folks who rely on this amazing script will be super happy to see you back in action with this update!

Schegge back on top with the best YouTube blocker on this website~!

ScheggeSahip
§
Gönderildi: 27.07.2022

Ok, thank you for your time

Cevap paylaş

Yanıt göndermek için oturum açın.