Greasy Fork is available in English.

YouTube - Proper Description

Watch page description below the video with proper open/close toggle, instead of a side bar.

< Feedback on YouTube - Proper Description

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2023-10-24
Edited: 2023-10-24

Last night and today I have noticed that something in this script is blocking the channel name and some of the buttons from showing.
The 2 pics show what disappears when the script is enabled and what it looks like with it disabled.

§

That's the norm on the script... did the channel name appear on the bottom? The script mostly mimics the old layout (pre-2022) so thus the change.

§

That's the norm on the script... did the channel name appear on the bottom? The script mostly mimics the old layout (pre-2022) so thus the change.

Prior to yesterday and today, the channel name was always showing up the top as seen in the second image.
Yesterday and today it has completely disappeared, even the description section is gone as well.
In these next 2 images you will see the channel name, buttons and description is gone completely when the script is enabled and they show back up when the script is disabled.
Pic 1: Disabled
Pic 2: Enabled

§

Any updates on this?

q1kAuthor
§

You can try disabling all other scripts then enable them one by one. There must be some conflict between them.

§

You can try disabling all other scripts then enable them one by one. There must be some conflict between them.

I just tried that and I have no other scripts enabled and it's still doing the same thing.

§
I just tried that and I have no other scripts enabled and it's still doing the same thing.

Try to debug the script by following the dev's instructions on the script in the main page of this script's subpage and post the results here. Also read this for a DIY how-to on reporting bugs but on a different issue: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/440613-youtube-proper-description/discussions/207116

§

Try to debug the script by following the dev's instructions on the script in the main page of this script's subpage and post the results here. Also read this for a DIY how-to on reporting bugs but on a different issue: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/440613-youtube-proper-description/discussions/207116

OMG I'm an idiot LOL

I just realized that the version I had installed was v1.7.7
I didn't realize it doesn't auto update like a lot of the other scripts I am using.
I just installed the new version v2.1.0 and it seems to be fixed now.

§

Sorry for wasting your time with my stupidity LOL

dr4
§
Posted: 2023-10-25

I found the problem. I used the following script to restore the page style, and found that the channel name and introduction could not be displayed. Then I found the current script.
If you have also installed this script, just close the script now https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/445136

Sign in to post a reply.