Greasy Fork is available in English.

Control Panel for Twitter

Gives you more control over Twitter and adds missing features and UI improvements

< Spätná väzba na Control Panel for Twitter

Hodnotenie: Dobré - skript funguje

§
Pridaný: 10.05.2023
Upravený: 10.05.2023

v107: "Added an option to hide the floating 'See new Tweets' button in the main timeline."

This works, but it soon changes to, "Tweeted," which doesn't get hidden, and needs to.

§
Pridaný: 10.05.2023

Hmmm... I'm not really a programmer, and I don't know JavaScript, but my casual intuition thinks that this should be generalized enough to suppress any such button, no matter what it's named (this is the mobile, but ditto for the corresponding desktop):

if (config.hideSeeNewTweets) {
hideCssSelectors.push(`body.MainTimeline ${Selectors.MOBILE_TIMELINE_HEADER_NEW} + div[style^="transform"]`)
}

I wonder why it gets the floating "See new Tweets," but not the presumably otherwise same "Tweeted" button?

§
Pridaný: 11.05.2023

Wait a minute; I'll bet I can answer my own question: it's not the same button renamed; it's a second instance of the same kind of button, and it's not getting hidden because the code is already busy hiding the first instance button! So what we need is code nested to hide at least several, if not all, such floating buttons.... Because today I saw a new, yet another floating button: some kind of ad that takes one into a public chat or something.

§
Pridaný: 14.05.2023

Over the past several days, that See new Tweets button has been rearing its ugly head once in a while despite the script.

§
Pridaný: 15.05.2023

Maybe the reason I'm occasionally still seeing the See new Tweets button is because this thing is already indeed generic and suppressing only this kind of floating button without regard to what the button says, and the code has suppressed a prior Tweeted button, letting the See new Tweets get through. If so, then the code for sure needs to be nested or re-entrant such that it can suppress multiple instances of floating buttons, ya think?

§
Pridaný: 22.05.2023

Hey, I think I've picked up on a pattern for the script failing to suppress the See new Tweets (as well as the Tweeted) buttons, or at least one circumstance in which the failure occurs: when I click a link in a tweet and visit it in a new browser tab (Firefox Android mobile), and then return to my Twitter tab, I almost always have one of those damn buttons covering up my screen real estate. Perhaps there's some kind of context-switching or screen refresh that's letting the buttons elude the script suppression.... Hope this helps.

§
Pridaný: 31.05.2023
Upravený: 31.05.2023

v108 seems to have gotten rid of both the See New Tweets AND the Tweeted buttons. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for banishing that bane of my existence!... I guess that "last-child" suffix in the HideCssSelectors line is what did the trick for all such buttons.

However, I'm still getting the same shape buttons for Spaces invites spam. I looked around in settings & notifications, but see no control over those, so here's a feature request to squash those, too.

Pridať odpoveď

Aby ste mohli pridať odpoveď, prihláste sa.