Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube - Fix channel links in sidebar recommendations

Fixes the channel links for the "Up next" and recommended videos below it on youtube.

< Spätná väzba na Youtube - Fix channel links in sidebar recommendations

Hodnotenie: OK - skript funguje, ale má chyby

§
Pridaný: 24.11.2023
Upravený: 24.11.2023

There's a bug where the channel link does not appear when I hover over the channel names for some videos. But then it works properly on other videos in the same column.

1N07Autor
§

I haven't noticed that behavior so it's a little difficult to try to debug, but I'll keep it in mind so that if I see it happen I'll see if I can find out why some would be missing...

Though I did just notice another issue unrelated to this one while testing for your issue so thanks for that I guess :D
Apparently, it sometimes fetches the "topic" (e.g. a game) associated with the video instead of the channel...

1N07Autor
§

Fixed the other issue I mentioned.

§

After some experimenting, I've seen that for the videos with the issue, the channel link appears when I hover over the video title instead of the channel name. (What this means is that if I want to click on the three little dots to add that video to a playlist or queue, it opens the channel link instead)

I've attached some screenshots. Screenshot 1 is the link showing correctly on the channel name as intended, Screenshot 2 is the link not working on the channel name, Screenshot 3 is the link only showing when I hover over that video's title.

1N07Autor
§
Pridaný: 30.11.2023

Okay I made a quick blind "fix" where I'm guessing the issue might be.

Let me know if it helps fix it at all...

1N07Autor
§
Pridaný: 30.11.2023

Okay I just ran into the issue for the first time myself...
My fix didn't seem to have helped. I'm not totally sure what the issue is and despite now having ran into it myself it's not really reproducable since after refreshing the page the issue was gone. I further improved the potential solution though. It now applies positioning twice for each recommended video. Once instantly when a recomended video is loaded and then again after 1 second, hopefully fixing the rare situations where it wasn't right the first time.

I'll continue keeping an eye on it to see if it happens anymore...

Pridať odpoveď

Aby ste mohli pridať odpoveď, prihláste sa.