Plex External Player

Play plex videos in an external player

< Spätná väzba na Plex External Player

Otázka/komentár

§
Pridaný: 14.06.2019

New Version Of Script - Play Music Videos With External Player

Hi

I have modified a version of Kayomani's code that allows usage of an external player for music videos, via the same technique used for mvoies (same button). No guarantees about how robust it is as beofre i started this I did not know javascript / Jquery!!!

I'm happy to add the javascript code, but I'm not sure the best way to do this, where to add it, etc. Any info on this also appreciated. Hopefully it might be of use to others too. Maybe someone could use it as a base and pimp it up :0)

As an aside in case anyone was wondering how I got music videos to work (there seems to be a lot of debate about the best way to do this elsewhere which confused me no end...) was to create a single music video folder for all my music videos (although I think you could quite happily have more - just add more to the library) and then to create a fictitious album for the relevant artist, e.g. a folder called "Pink Floyd - Music Videos" (the "album"), within the "Pink Floyd" folder (the artist folder) within the top-level "Music Video" folder (this is the one to select as the source for a library (of type music) in Plex). Within the album folder, i.e. "Pink Floyd - Music Videos", I then created a single track called "01. Dummy.mp3" that is an mp3 file containing 250ms of silence. I then went to "properties" for this mp3 track in windows (right-click) and added the following on the details tab: Album artist Pink Floyd Album Music Videos Essentially I tagged it (prolly could use MP3-Tag or something)

All the videos for that artist can then be added into the album folder, i.e. "Pink Floyd - Music Videos". Now scan the library files for the library (which I also renamed to "Music Videos" - the name originally defaulted to "Music") and also refresh the metadata for the artist to be on the safe side. The music videos should then all appear below the dummy album "Pink Floyd - Music Videos" which you would never play (this album will obviously have no cover as it doesn't exist - you could add one if you want. I just left it blank).

Note: it seems that Plex requires at least one mp3 track for an artist before it will show any music videos for that artist; if not then the page for the artist just does not get built and does not appear in Plex. It also seems to require the mp3 track to be tagged a bit... I don;t know if this track needs to be in an album, but that's what I did.

Pridať odpoveď

Aby ste mohli pridať odpoveď, prihláste sa.