Greasy Fork is available in English.

FA Content Filter

Filters user-defined content while browsing Furaffinity.

< Обсуждения FA Content Filter

Отзыв: Хороший — скрипт работает как нужно

Great script, minor issues

I'm going to start off by saying I don't understand coding in the *slightest*, so the fact that I managed to get this working at all suggests that it's fairly idiot-proof, which I commend. :B

That being said, I looked into this because my previous way of keeping my peace of mind by hiding the submissions of specific users involved Adblock filters based on FA's thumbnail system, and when they updated the thumbnails this week, it both broke all my filters and made it impossible to create replacements. So I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised; for something I only tried out because my original jerry-rigged method wasn't an option, this turns out to work much better than my method, since I can click one button and the user is gone for good, without even empty thumbnail frames to show that they're even on the website. So I salute all the work that's gone into this, and thank you very kindly. :-)

Unfortunately, it isn't entirely perfect. I've noticed that sometimes a user who isn't actually on the filter list will still have their submissions blocked because their username starts with the same characters that make up a name that *is* on the list. For example (and I'd like to state for the record that I'm making these names up on the spot and they are not meant to reference real users), if I blocked a user named "Fox", it might also block everything by a user named "Foxfire".

The other problem I've noticed is that the last few times I've added someone to the filter list, it hasn't actually *worked*. In the moment, it will block all the submissions by that user on the page, but as soon as I navigate away, they'll come back, they'll just have "Unfilter" underneath instead of "Filter", indicating that it should be working, but isn't. Does the script have an upper limit to the number of users it can block?

I really like this script, and if these problems can be ironed out, it will be exactly what I need to maintain peace of mind on FA. Here's hoping they can be fixed somehow. :-)

Hi Green,

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry for the late response; a bunch of things were going on the past few weeks.

I'll be pushing out a fix for the first issue sometime tonight, but the second issue I'm not entirely sure about. Could you go into detail about how many users you have in your filter?

Fixed issues in 1.5.3. There's a chance you were filtering usernames with periods/tildes and they weren't getting picked up properly; this update fixes that.

Oooops! I'm sorry, I must have just missed your reply the last time I checked and then sort of forgotten about it. My bad. <_<;

Yes, as I recall, the problems did in fact start after I filtered someone whose username had periods in it. It's been working fine since then, with the minor exception that today for some reason, the "FA Filter" link in the upper right has disappeared. If I navigate to the page through my history list, I can see that the actual *list* is still there, and as far as I can tell it's still working. It's just the actual link that's missing.

Oh, and to answer your question from a million years ago*, since FA lacks any kind of built-in filtering at all, I use it to hide a loooooot of stuff I'm happy not seeing again. I've ended up with dozens of users on my list so far, I wouldn't be surprised if I've passed a hundred at this point. Not people I'd put on my block list, just people whose, ah, thematic choices don't agree with me.

*may be slightly exaggerated

Ответить

Войдите, чтобы ответить.