YouTube Direct Downloader

Video/short download button hidden in three dots combo menu below video or next to subscribe button. Downloads MP4, WEBM or MP3 from youtube + option to redirect shorts to normal videos. Choose your preferred quality from 8k to audio only, codec (h264, vp9 or av1) or service provider (cobalt, y2mate, yt1s) in settings.

< Părere la script-ul YouTube Direct Downloader

Recenzie: Bun, script-ul merge

§
Postat în: 09-09-2024

Not as good as "Youtube Links" which did let you download at higher bitrates (but that script is unfortunately not updated anymore). Recommended download via Cobalt gives a lower bitrate for Opus VP9 / AV1 files than should theoretically be available.

FawayTTAutor
§
Postat în: 10-09-2024

I checked it against yt-dlp and the bitrate is nearly same, not sure if it can get any better. But if you know of better service, please let me know.

§
Postat în: 11-09-2024

Alas no. I'm sure YT has changed things why it makes it necessary to use an external service, I don't know the technical reason why you cannot just download it directly from YT. But the experience with this script is fairly good (although the UI of "Youtube Links" is a bit quicker to use). Only small remark: after saving a file, the menu stays open, which will interfere with scrolling the page. I think it's better to close the menu directly after saving automatically (if possible).

§

I did check with a recent version of YouTube downloader, it also cannot do better, so I assume it's not possible anymore.

FawayTTAutor
§

Thanks for suggestion. YouTube has various measures to combat downloading videos, because it interrupts their business model, so it's necessary to use external service.

Postează un raspuns

Autentifică-te pentru a posta un răspuns.