Greasy Fork is available in English.

YouTube - Proper Description

Watch page description below the video with proper open/close toggle, instead of a side bar.

< Părere la script-ul YouTube - Proper Description

Întrebare/comentariu

§
Postat în: 24-06-2023
Editat în: 24-06-2023

Just wondering if you could add an option to adjust the color of the text in the video description box.
For example adding an RGB/RGBA color picker.
I had previously set mine to red using a style extension but this script overwrites it and changes the text to pure white which hurts my eyes.

q1kAutor
§

I'm only adding back the original colors wherever they were changed.

You can restyle to whatever you want with the Stylus extension. You might need to add !important though.

§

I'm only adding back the original colors wherever they were changed.

You can restyle to whatever you want with the Stylus extension. You might need to add !important though.

One slight issue is that I am not good at reading code very well so I can't tell what part of the script exactly is for the description text specifically or else I would have changed it myself.

q1kAutor
§

what style extension are you using to change the colors?

§

what style extension are you using to change the colors?

The extension I am using is called Enhancer for YouTube™
For some reason your script is causing the description text to be white rather than the default red I set it to in that extension.
If I turn your script off, then the red text I set is back to normal but the description area looks like crap with the new style, I like the old style that your script provides.

§

Also sorry for late replies, it's already 4 am here at the time of typing this so I am kind of out of it due to my insomnia.

q1kAutor
§

I installed it and I was able to make all the text red with the YouTube-DeepDark (custom) variant.

You can set all the different colors to whatever you want.

§

Look, don't worry about it.
I'll find a way to make AI do it for me somehow, it's just gonna take me a few days, especially since I have no clue how to code properly, as you can probably see from the scripts I have made, most both of which are mainly to solve issues like this, where scripts tend to clash with other scripts.

§

Right now I am currently using 22 different userscripts to get YouTube to look, feel and work the way I want it to and on top of that I also am using a total of 4 theme extensions as well.
All of them are being used because whatever each one lacks in abilities, a different one has those abilities.
If I knew how to code, I would just create my own userscript that does everything that all of those scripts and extensions do, all wrapped up in one neat script.

q1kAutor
§
Editat în: 24-06-2023

That's what happens when you use many scripts/extensions to fix something. They tend to clash with one another. It's why I avoid using many big scripts.
I only use Nova Youtube now and a few other small scripts that do something which Nova doesn't.
Then with css (in Stylus) I adjust how things look.

Postează un raspuns

Autentifică-te pentru a posta un răspuns.