Greasy Fork is available in English.

BBC iPlayer video download

Easily download videos from BBC iPlayer (with youtube-dl)

< Feedback em BBC iPlayer video download

Avaliação: Bom - o script funciona

§
Publicado: 06/11/2016

Request for old PCs and phones

Thanks for this wonderful script.
Even though I am in the UK I still rely on it, because I often use older OSs that lack HW decoding in web browsers, so video is laggy and not watch-able.
I actually preferred the lower size streams this script used to find, because I am using the script due to lack of PC power and storage space.
The smaller streams allow me to still have enough CPU to use the PC while watching TV, but HD streams force me to stop everything else or risk the PC freezing.
I also copy the downloaded files to my phone to watch, but again this now struggles with the HD files and I get a skipping experience.
In my opinion using HD for a panel game with low motion is a waste of bandwidth (that I also have to pay for)

My tip for Windows users is to ignore bulky VLC and use "Media Player Classic - Home Cinema". This allows much more convenient playback and keyboard controls.
It has wider support for more HW decoding options, and allows the user to tweak, block or replace any codec, inc the system codecs.

2 Questions:
1) Could we please have the option of smaller stream for people that are forced to use the script because the site is too slow anyway ?
2) Is it possible to add www.bbcamerica.com because it seems the BBC make TV series for America first now, not the UK.
eg. http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/dirk-gentlys-holistic-detective-agency/

LazzaAutor
§
Publicado: 14/11/2016

I am not planning to implement a switch for video quality soon, because most people expect (and actually require) only the highest quality.

However, you can edit the get_biggest function (starting from line 99) to return a smaller stream based on your favorite criteria.

Regarding BBC America I would need to analyze the website to see if it uses the same technology as the British one. I will have a look when I have a bit more time.

§
Publicado: 21/12/2016

Thank you, I will have a look and see if I can work it out.

Currently I upload to my web storage and watch a smaller steam it renders automatically.
Yes normally HD is what I would want to download and view on my big monitor, but for viewing on my phone, HD is pointless overkill and there is no benefit for the extra CPU and battery use. and it is nice to reach the end of an episode before the battery dies.

Is there not a way to have it display the current quality version, depending on if you use the SD/HD and Low Bandwidth options of the pages ?
That way any user can easily grab the size they want without having the script requiring user input.

LazzaAutor
§
Publicado: 08/01/2017

Added in version 3.7:

Imgur

§
Publicado: 09/01/2017

XX
Actually this small GUI element makes it feel more like a full-featured extension.
Very much added value and makes the user feel in control.

Very cool.

Publicar resposta

Faça o login para publicar uma resposta.