Greasy Fork is available in English.

Discussões » Feedback do Greasy Fork

What does *Total installs* include?

On a script Info tab, does Total installs include updates or just new installs?

I couldn't find documentation on it anywhere. Doing a search for [total installs] brings up a bunch of userscripts instead. So a pointer to docs that might describe that and any other questions I might have would be useful.

NotYouMod
§
Publicado: 18/08/2023

Total installs — is how many unique installs your script got. I'm not quite sure how uniqueness is checked, but probably by IP address.

Update checks are different things. Update checks happen when user-script manager decides to check script for an update. You can see your daily installs and update checks in "Stats" tab.

§
Publicado: 21/08/2023

More specifically, how many times someone pressed the green button to install your script from Greasy Fork.

More specifically, how many times someone pressed the green button to install your script from Greasy Fork.

Is it counted by IP or what?

For example, if I use private mode, to download and install, will it count?
Or if I have turned on my VPN to download and install (or even just update the version), will it count?

§
Publicado: 25/08/2023

Per unique IP address per 24 hours.

§
Editado: 25/08/2023

> Per unique IP address per 24 hours.

That sounds like a bad idea... IP records should be kept for half a year or so...

When I/Authors are testing their scripts usually they have to install them multiple times in different days, users also do that when they notice that it stopped working or does not work after they tried to install it once.

Saving it only for 24 hours makes the same people who already liked and installed the script and installs them again in the future for whatever reason, also count as a new install.

§
  1. It's only somewhat likely that a user's IP address is the same many days later.
  2. It's a privacy concern storing that information.
§

True...

Publicar resposta

Faça o login para publicar uma resposta.