Greasy Fork is available in English.

YouTube CPU Tamer by AnimationFrame

Zmniejsz zużycie energii przeglądarki podczas odtwarzania filmów na YouTube

< Opinie na YouTube CPU Tamer by AnimationFrame

Ocena: Dobry - skrypt działa

§
Napisano: 15-08-2023

Should it be used with "Youtube Player perf" by nopeless and "YouTube Minimal on PC" by you?
Do all these scripts do different things?

§
Edytowano: 15-08-2023

Should it be used with "Youtube Player perf" by nopeless and "YouTube Minimal on PC" by you?
Do all these scripts do different things?

Yes. They all do different things.

YouTube CPU Tamer by AnimationFrame is for general purpose. It changes the timing mechanism to not make your browser hang due to video playing & numerous YouTube timing calls. It is especially useful when there is a chat room. Even there is no chat, it still helps energy saving for old PCs.

Youtube Player perf is an experimental script developed by nopeless. I am still trying it and I feel there are some bugs in that mechanism. You can use it as well although it is not fully developed.

YouTube Minimal on PC is a total different thing. If you have a very old PC or you just want the minimal experience to watch YouTube videos, you can install YouTube Minimal on PC + YouTube Minimal Fixs. Your YouTube will be played in the mobile version website, and with some adjustment to let you play like in desktop site.

I would suggest you to install YouTube Super Fast Chat and YouTube EXPERIMENT_FLAGS Tamer as well.

• YouTube Super Fast Chat optimized chat room a lot.
  • YouTube EXPERIMENT_FLAGS Tamer disabled most experimental features so that it can be faster.

Personally I recommend YouTube CPU Tamer by AnimationFrame + Tabview Youtube + YouTube Super Fast Chat + YouTube EXPERIMENT_FLAGS Tamer

Also YouTube Live Borderless + YouTube Video Resize Fix if you want to watch like Twitch (no margin, large video)

§

By the way, I'd like to ask your opinion on "YouTube Live CPU Tamer."
(https://greasyfork.org/scripts/396532)
It hasn't been updated for a while, and I'm not sure if it's still compatible with the latest version of YouTube.

§

@CY Fung
Thank you a lot for the detailed explanation and all the suggestions. I will definitely try them as you said.
Your userscripts are great.

§
Edytowano: 15-08-2023

It hasn't been updated for a while, and I'm not sure if it's still compatible with the latest version of YouTube.

YouTube Live CPU Tamer is an old script and the author no longer updates the script.

Just install YouTube Super Fast Chat is sufficient.

I don't like those de-features implemented in YouTube Live CPU Tamer.

From the users' feedback, it seems to be still working, but I never use it.

§

Thanks, seems like I should remove it.

§
Napisano: 19-08-2023
Edytowano: 19-08-2023

The YouTube Live CPU Tamer just performs two things.

1. Reduce Animation Frequency of the tickers in YouTube Live Chat.

• This is included in YouTube Super Fast Chat. We use an advanced modern way to optimize the ticker background animation, and the time interval of each update will be also longer than 1s in most cases. (Note: Please check the browser support compatibility on the GreasyFork page)
  2. Hide the ticker bar.

• This is provided in this UserStyle. It is not really a boost of performance but it still help a bit if your PC is old and slow.

YouTube Live CPU Tamer can be completely replaced by YouTube Super Fast Chat + that userstyle, unless your browser is not supported.

Odpowiedz

Zaloguj się, by odpowiedzieć.