VNDB Cover Preview

Previews covers in vndb.org searches when hovering over the respective hyperlinks.

< VNDB Cover Previewについてのフィードバック

質問/コメント

§
投稿日: 2017/04/14

Broken after last update :(

Sadly, the script has broken after the last update, and is no longer working :(
Could you perhaps rollback to the previous version, where the script worked?
I'd much rather not be able to save save filters instead of having the hover function broken.

Kuro_scripts作者
§
編集日: 2017/04/14

Huh, that's strange, it's still working fine for me. Can you try something for me? Right click the script's name on the Greasemonkey dropdown (or your script manager equivalent) so it takes you to the code editor, delete lines 21-26, save, and reload vndb. Does that still not work?

§

All Scripts and Extensions are working links (apparently there is no color change when using markdown links, here on greasyfork)

I would like to add, that I also have the following scripts enabled when browsing VNDB (But it doesn't work even if I disable them).:

Versions I am using of the essentials.:

• Google Chrome - Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)
  • Tampermonkey - Version 4.2.7

Additionally I also use these Chrome extensions, which might be of relevance.:

§

I will try your edit now, I was just in the middle of providing some (hopefully) useful info for you :smile:

§

I have tried as you suggested, sadly it didn't work. I even cleared my cache, cookies etc. with ccleaner. I did notice that greasemonkey shows an error, is this of any consequence? image

I was also looking at the changelog for your script, and have 2 questionsimage

§

I should probably have started by doing this, but I just tried reinstalling 1.7 of your script, and it works perfectly :wink:

§

I hope you don't mind, but I fixed it. What apparently caused it to not work was simply the line.: // @include https://vndb.org/ Furthermore, Greasemonkey apparently highlights spaces after lines of code, so I also removed those. I have the edited script for you here, and hope that you find it helpful and not just me being a bothersome meddling fool :blush: Script @ Pastebin

Kuro_scripts作者
§
投稿日: 2017/04/16

Huh, interesting, I wonder why deleting only that line would fix it for you. Now you won't be able to see the covers of the links that appear on the front page, but if that's a-okay with you then great. :tongue:

About some of the things you highlighted in the code:
- Line 30 tests if we're on a user page. This is relevant because in user pages the links will be on the right side of the screen, so the image shouldn't be displayed in the usual place, but rather on the left side.
- The several @includes are there because it's useless to have the script run on pages where there's no visual novel tables being displayed. It also avoids it possibly unintended behavior on pages I have not accounted for.

I think I will push an update with the front page @include commented and a note explaining how to enable it for people who want it.

If you find that it's still not working right then do let me know. o/

Kuro_scripts作者
§

Before sending out the update I decided to install Chrome and test this out myself. I installed tampermonkey and then this script in the latest version (1.8), and it's running all good here, just like in Firefox. I imagine some other script you have installed is causing the interference.

Since this seems to be running correctly after all I think I'll keep the code as is, and just write a note about this on the front page.

§

Thank you for testing it so thoroughly. Was it also Chrome x64 which you installed? I thought it odd also, that that single line would do it for me, but I have reinstalled the script, which still didn't work, and again, deleting only that line fixed it =S And I have tried it with all other scripts disabled and the VNDB chrome extension I mentioned. I really do not think it is anything to do with my other scripts, nor the VNDB extension, but then it could be another chrome extension (I use alot, like alot alot). I'll keep trying to narrow it down on my end, if nothing else, I can report back, if I find something else is interfering with your script.

返信を投稿

返信を投稿するにはログインしてください。