Disable Digital Digest Software Download Manager

Disable Digital Digest Software Download Manager so that clicking the software download link downloads the actual software file instead of Digital Digest's Download Manager.

< Valutazione su Disable Digital Digest Software Download Manager

Domanda/commento

§
Pubblicato: 15/08/2017

i was trying to install wme9 on my xp32 and when i clicked the link , it started this download manag

i was trying to install wme9 on my fresh install of xp32. when i clicked the link to download wme9 , this download manager instantly seemed to come on and said "membership required" so i "X"ed the window and found another link. but later i saw it left a "resume" icon on my desktop and now i think my poor 12 hour long endevor to create a "post support" "fully windows updated" redundant xp32 system on my dell gx380 backup pc' intel 480 ssd , has been virused. have you discovered anything yet? i'm obviously in tears because i had just installed the last update when i discovered that on this day , microsoft has restructured and there is no more direct ling to install wme9 from a microsoft dl, which means i actually may have to slave for another 12 hours. obviously i am getting errors but i don't know if its from bogus live essentials installer or this unsolicited digital digest dl manager or even the actual 3rd party wme9 installer i finally used.. i'm beyond words thanks for the script. i deleated the "resume" icon, but do i need to run this script? and what does it do?

jcunewsAutore
§
Pubblicato: 16/08/2017

You mentioned WME9 for the software, so I'll assume that you're referring to below URL.

http://www.digital-digest.com/software/WindowsMediaEncoder.html

You'll see on that page that the "Links" section shows only one link which says "Official Download Page" instead of the file name. Although that link point to Digital Digest's download server, it'll redirect you to the official site which is Microsoft. At this point and on, this script is no longer in effect.

To see how this script is actually in effect, try downloading the SMPlayer software from below URL.

http://www.digital-digest.com/software/SMPlayer.html

You'll see that the links show as file names. If you click on any of those, it'll go to Digital Digest's file download page where you'll see the final link on green background with a "Download Manager Disabled" text below that link.

Pubblica risposta

Accedi per pubblicare una risposta.