Greasy Fork is available in English.

Scribd Print and Download

Changes "Upload" link to open a printable viewer (print to PDF)

< Valutazione su Scribd Print and Download

Domanda/commento

§
Pubblicato: 14/04/2017

Seems not to work on Firefox 52

This script seems not to work on Firefox 52, although it's properly installed and running. The upload button in the top right corner is unchanged and when clicking on the download button, either the blue one in the left column above "save for later" or the small one on the right, where the arrow is pointing down, close to the "print" button above the document, nothing happens at all.

Any ideas why?

§
Pubblicato: 14/04/2017

Same on Chrome 59 DEV - this script is simply not working properly and needs to be updated since I see the exact same symptoms - unchanged button however clicking UPLOAD actually erroneously downloads a swf file and no other changes and with this script enabled, none of the other buttons perform ANY actions.

InserioAutore
§
Pubblicato: 10/08/2017

I would imagine this is likely because of my sloppy coding. It's pretty fragile and I've even had it mess up the pages on certain documents unless I disable the script (though I can't remember; this may have been before one of my updates).

If anyone is willing to take a look and offer improvement I would be happy to implement it, but I don't really have that level of expertise.

Perhaps if I were able to duplicate the error, I could work to create a workaround.

As for a response to the OP. Are you sure you didn't misread what this does? The script intentionally does not run on pages that are not Documents (i.e., the address must include scribd.com/doc or scribd.com/document), since this method of downloading does not work for any other types of files on Scribd, such as actual books.
Furthermore, there are no visual changes. If you mouseover the Upload button, you should see an adjusted URL that it will take you to.
Now, if all of that is understood and you still get the error, then please send me such a link so I can take a look into it.

To respond specifically to Collin: I do not personally use Chrome, so I have no idea if it renders pages in such a way that would break the way this parses for the id & key and then replaces the URL. Make sure you're trying more than one document, since some documents simply are incompatible with this method of downloading.

Pubblica risposta

Accedi per pubblicare una risposta.