Duolingo LevelJumper

Provides an menu to easy jump to the first lesson of a skill level (e.g. 3 crowns) and to the last learned level.

< Feedback on Duolingo LevelJumper

Question/comment

§
Posted: 22 Mei 2021

Hi,

Seems like Duolingo broke the script, can you please look into it?

Thanks

eshPembuat
§
Posted: 24 Mei 2021

Hi, it's working fine on my computer.
It's a little difficult to keep other scripts and plugins in mind. So I recommend you to disable first all your scripts and plugins except LevelJumper to see, if it works. If it does, turn one script / plugin after another on and check which one causes the error. Than I can take a deeper look.

§
Posted: 02 Juni 2021

Hi,
The script worked after progressing further in the tree, and now it broke again, so it seems that it breaks after completing a checkpoint (that's where I was the last time it broke for me, and where I am now)
logging out and in and disabling scripts/extensions has no effect

eshPembuat
§
Posted: 02 Juni 2021

Nice. This gives a great hint, where I have to look. May I have some more information, so I can try it?

What's your exact status by "completing a checkpoint"?
- Did you complete every lesson before the checkpoint and no lesson afterwards (e.g. every lesson is at level 5 (golden) before the neat tower and every lesson after it is grayed out)?
- Or did you complete on every lesson before the level 1 and every lesson afterwards is gray?
- Or is every lesson before golden and some lessons after the tower are at level 1 or level 2 and so on. Or did you take the challenge on the tower?
- Do you have only two kinds of lessons (e.g. all lessons you did are on level 1 and the rest is gray) or is it mixed (e.g. 1 and 3 and 5 and gray)?

And at which point did it work again?
- After you completed one lesson (to 1 or 2 or ...)?
- After you started one lesson (and canceled it)?
- After you completed one row of lessons (and at which level) and how many lessons have been there?

And what do you mean by "broke"?
- No crowns and Duolingo works normal?
- No or some crowns and Duolingo behaves weird and you had to disable the script temporarily?
- Some crowns but they do nothing, if you click them, and do the crowns correspond to your levels (e.g. you have lessons at level 5 and 4 and untouched and you see the crowns 4 and gray crowns - level 5 is not shown, only if broken)? So if you have every level on 5 (or golden) or gray, you should only see the gray crown.

§
Posted: 03 Juni 2021

Thanks for the reply, here's some details

What's your exact status by "completing a checkpoint"?
- After you pass the checkpoint exam
- Not every lesson is at lvl5, but rather a mixture of 1s and 2s and 3s and golden. No level is completely golden in my tree.
- The checkpoint, by nature, renders all previously-lvl0 lessons into lvl1 so at that point only the newly unlocked lessons are lvl0

And at which point did it work again?
- After completing one lesson and getting it to lvl1

And what do you mean by "broke"?
- No crowns and Duolingo works normal

Apologies, I should have posted the console error as well but now I'm past all the checkpoints so can't reproduce

eshPembuat
§

You seem to learn quickly ;)

Now I have something to pay attention to. I should be able to reproduce in some time. One further questions. You do not take every lesson to at least lvl1, instead you take the test with some lessons at lvl0, correct?

§
You seem to learn quickly ;)

haha, learning how to pass Duolingo's tests? yes. Learning the language? debatable lol

Now I have something to pay attention to. I should be able to reproduce in some time. One further questions. You do not take every lesson to at least lvl1, instead you take the test with some lessons at lvl0, correct?

The first time I reported the issue was when I had taken every lesson to lvl1 then took the checkpoint, the second time was about 2 lessons off the checkpoint where I went like "what the hell" and jumped ahead (in both cases the script was working fine on that day prior to passing the checkpoint).

Like, I said, since Duolingo automatically upgrades all the lessons that came before the checkpoint to lvl1 (regardless if I took them or not) it doesn't matter if the checkpoint is taken with everything leveled up before or not, as they will be made lvl1 anyway, meaning the only lvl0 present on the tree are the newly unlocked ones.

eshPembuat
§
Posted: 07 Juni 2021

Looks like I've stumbled over the bug. I hope it's fixed now.

Sign in to post a reply.