Discussions » Creation Requests

Userscript to automate form submissions

FLR
§
Posted: 18 April 2024

Hello

1) whenever a particular url is loaded (that matches a wildcard pattern e.g. https://*.mysite.com/dir/*)
2) and whenever a particular element is loaded (e.g. a particular tickbox, dropdown menu, text box etc)
3) I want to enter or select a particular pre-defined value in each of these elements
4) and finally click a particular button on that webpage.

I would need a userscript where I can only specify:
1) url wildcard pattern
2) elements and their respective values (two features would be great: if the element is not found, it can be skipped and I should be able to specify more than one wildcard patterns for the value of an element to be selected which the script can try to fill iteratively)
3) final button to click

The userscript will simply do the work automatically whenever I visit webpages that match the above.

Can anyone provide a sample code for two examples of the above so that I can expand it with the websites and their elements I need?

I am not looking to abuse any web form, I just need to remove the pain of job applications that ask the same things over and over again.

If you have any other idea of how to achieve that, it is most welcomed (it does not need to have to bypass captcha since as I said, I don't want to abuse anything but if it can do it easily, it would be great)

Thanks!

Sign in to post a reply.