Neverwinter gateway - Professions Robot

Automatically selects professions for empty slots

< Feedback on Neverwinter gateway - Professions Robot

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2016.06.24.

Is this happening to anyone else? Script keeps trying to start fourth task of the same kind

Script keeps trying to start a fourth task of the same kind and keeps failing until it reloads it self. Does anyone know why this is happening and any way to fix it?

§
Posted: 2016.06.26.
Edited: 2016.06.26.

s

§
Posted: 2016.08.02.

Yes I have noticed this as well. It didn't used to do this. Im certain it accounts for that, but for some reason isn't seeing the correct count of what is being run. I also have a friend running it that is having this issue as well.

§
Posted: 2016.08.14.

I think cryptic set the gateway to not immediatley remove the task after it runs the 3rd time, so the script just keeps trying. There is a trap option in the script to stop this but it is set to 15 tries by default. I set it to 4 so it retries one extra time and then reloads. Slows the script down when lots of tasks need to be reloaded but it works. I really hope this isn't a "bot catching" measure....anyone loading a 4th task for leadership to many times gets banned sort of thing...

§
Posted: 2016.08.16.

I have looked as carefully as I can for this setting and cannot find it. Please describe where to set this.

Im going to set it to 1 retry or even 0 if possible. The script does not fail in any other circumstance so I have no reason to let it keep trying.

§
Posted: 2016.08.20.
Edited: 2016.08.21.

Well Ive found it.

To set the number of retries its at line 80. set the number after trapActivation to the number of retries you want.

This will unfortunately lead to at least 1 failure, which was not ideal to me.

I also went to line 3113 and broke the logic in the def.done function a bit. It now does not fail 1x every time it tries to go through a set of 3. (a failure can still occur if a job can only have 1 instance) At any rate I would suggest changing this function to reset the count and keep a job starting button from being pushed if it has 3 like jobs counted already.

Ive done the above, though its not pretty as I didnt take the time to fully study the logic of the function. It however now works without failures and without excessive reloading which was my goal.

BigRedBotAuthor
§
Posted: 2016.08.21.

You can change the code and then submit a pull request with that changed code here:
https://github.com/Phr33d0m/NW-Profession-Bot/edit/master/main.js

§
Posted: 2016.08.21.
Edited: 2016.08.21.

There is per task specific solution, the commit from June 14, entire code: https://github.com/noonereally/NW-Profession-Bot

§
Posted: 2016.08.25.

On looking at the above link I found no commit from june 14. There are commits from both the 13th and 15th with unrelated fixes.

As far as submitting a pull request and all that. I'm fairly certain my fix in def.done is not ideal. It gets the job done, but it does skip the next most efficient task sometimes. My goal of not producing an error has been achieved, but I feel someone more familiar with the logic of the code would have a better solution.

Ill give it a try if I get a chance though.

§
Posted: 2016.08.25.

There is per task specific solution, the commit from June 14, entire code:
https://github.com/noonereally/NW-Profession-Bot

It fixes exactly this. Have you tried to run it ?

Sign in to post a reply.