Greasy Fork is available in English.

Fluid Mastodon

Mastodon, taking all available width, assuming 3 columns (mastodon.technology, mastodon.social and w3c.social only; fork for other domains)

< Feedback on Fluid Mastodon

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018.10.23.

compatibility with mozilla firefox

firstly thank you. thank you for your Fluid Mastodon hackerings. it has improved my experience of the webUI for mastodon greatly.

for whatever reason, while FM continues to work in a chrome (chromium for linux x86) browser, it does not work in a firefox on the same linux machine. i make two lines of modification to the original source code, including the https URI of my instance (mastodon.sdf.org) and the old http URI for redundant safety. when i do this in the "chrome" it works. when i do this in the firefox it does not.

i try to solve the problem on my own in the meantime but writing these types of scripts is not in my normal area of operation at all i.e. i assume FM's author will be much better-equipped to create either a cross-client compatible script or an alternate for use in a firefox.

thank you again.

• joshua ryan nydel @ sdf dot org
  • @ nydel @ mastodon dot sdf dot org
§
Posted: 2018.10.23.

i am using tampermonkey in both chromium and firefox.

in the firefox, where FM had stopped working, i decided to remove tampermonkey and replace it with greasemonkey. with greasemonkey in a firefox, FM does indeed work. with tampermonkey in a firefox, it does not.

the remaining issue is that i greatly prefer to use tampermonkey. i'm hoping you'll know some potential reason that my little hackaround works and be able to make some change or suggest some course of action that will restore FM to working order under tampermonkey inside of a firefox.

thank you.

§
Posted: 2019.01.31.

as of january 2019 - as far as i can tell - Fluid Mastodon works perfectly with *monkey in *fox and chrom* browsers.

thank you.

tripuAuthor
§
Posted: 2019.06.11.

Thank you, @nydel — and sorry for not answering promptly!

Sign in to post a reply.