< Feedback on Remove overlay messages on Youtube

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 15.10.2022.

Not working anymore

max44Author
§

Give me please a link to any such video with inappropriate content. The only one I knew has lost its inappropriateness and now I have no video to test my script.

§
Edited: 15.10.2022.

Give me please a link to any such video with inappropriate content. The only one I knew has lost its inappropriateness and now I have no video to test my script.

Hey max44,

Here is a video with the inappropriate content filter added to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_UKd5_-PX0

Edit: Spelling and removal of wrong statement.

max44Author
§
Posted: 16.10.2022.

I suppose the reason is that my script processed only English text. So, it did not work if your youtube uses another language. Now I have fixed it.

§

I suppose the reason is that my script processed only English text. So, it did not work if your youtube uses another language. Now I have fixed it.

I am Australian so all the videos I watch are in English text by default and it still doesn't seem to be working.
The script is loaded and still not working on the same video as you will see in the screenshot I am attaching.
I have attached a screenshot to show what I mean.

max44Author
§

So, I fixed the wrong bug. I have 2 more guesses:

1. There are some specific local peculiarities in html-code. I changed my location to Australia in YT settings. And even used Australian proxy-server. But no way, the script still works for me.

2. My script is somehow incompatible with other scripts installed in your browser. I installed all the scripts visible on your screenshot, but my script still works. Could you please make a new screenshot where the list of scripts is continued to the end?

Meanwhile, while installing all those scripts I found this one: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/423851
Despite its description it deals not only with age restriction, but also with the case of inappropriate content. Please try it. Maybe it will work for you.

§

So, I fixed the wrong bug. I have 2 more guesses:

1. There are some specific local peculiarities in html-code. I changed my location to Australia in YT settings. And even used Australian proxy-server. But no way, the script still works for me.

2. My script is somehow incompatible with other scripts installed in your browser. I installed all the scripts visible on your screenshot, but my script still works. Could you please make a new screenshot where the list of scripts is continued to the end?

Meanwhile, while installing all those scripts I found this one: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/423851
Despite its description it deals not only with age restriction, but also with the case of inappropriate content. Please try it. Maybe it will work for you.

I will post a couple of replies with a bunch of screenshots of all the scripts and also all the extensions I use for YouTube.
I hope this will be of some help to you and than you for trying to fix my particular issue, it's very much appreciated.

§

Lot #2 of screenshots.

§

Final Lot of screenshots.
I hope all this helps.

§

Also just so you know, I tried that other script you told me about and it seems to work perfectly for the exact video I gave you earlier to test with.

max44Author
§
Posted: 27.10.2022.

Well, it seems that the reason is not the incompatibility with other scripts (my script worked with all of yours), but the new youtube design. It was implemented for you earlier. I got it only yesterday and my script stopped to work then. So, finally I was able to fix it. Hopefully it works for you now.

Also I optimized the code performance.

§
Posted: 28.10.2022.

Well, it seems that the reason is not the incompatibility with other scripts (my script worked with all of yours), but the new youtube design. It was implemented for you earlier. I got it only yesterday and my script stopped to work then. So, finally I was able to fix it. Hopefully it works for you now.

Also I optimized the code performance.

Thank you, I really appreciate your work and the time you take out of your day to respond to these posts

max44Author
§
Posted: 29.10.2022.

Thank you for kind words

Sign in to post a reply.