YT: not interested in one click

Hover a thumbnail on youtube.com and click an icon at the right: "Not interested" and "Don't recommend channel"

< Feedback on YT: not interested in one click

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 09.09.2023.
Edited: 09.09.2023.

Can you change the default THUMB_TAG to 'ytd-rich-grid-media' instead of 'ytd-thumbnail'?

This makes it consistent with the "Queue" and "Watch Later" hover buttons, showing the buttons when hovering both the video's title AND thumbnail, instead of only appearing during hover of the thumbnail image alone.

Thank you for the awesome tweak, I heavily train my YouTube algorithm, and this saves me tons of needless clicking!

woxxomAuthor
§

I don't see why that would be better as the buttons are shown over the thumbnail anyway... Could you elaborate?

§
Edited: 09.09.2023.

This is just for consistency with the other buttons on the thumbnail.

To clarify, the "Watch Later" and "Add to Queue" buttons appear when the cursor is above the entire 'ytd-rich-grid-media', which is the Title, Channel, Thumbnail, etc.

Because the selector is 'ytd-thumbnail', the userscript's buttons disappear while hovering over the title/channel of the video, while the "Watch Later" and "Add to Queue" buttons remain.

Changing the selector to 'ytd-rich-grid-media' makes the interface more consistent, as the buttons remain visible alongside the "Watch Later" and "Add to Queue" buttons, instead of ONLY appearing when hovering over the thumbnail image.

I change this each time I update your script, but it would be nice to have this as default functionality, and it will improve the script a little bit!

Thank you again!

woxxomAuthor
§
Posted: 10.09.2023.

Thing is, I still don't see it as an improvement. The "consistency" isn't a factor for me because I never tried to mimic youtube's own UI and I intentionally wanted to minimize the amount of time the icons are shown because they obscure the content, which is particularly bad with small thumbnails.

I can add a way to configure the script via devtools console: localStorage['YT: not interested in one click']='{"THUMB_TAG": "ytd-rich-grid-media"}'

Sign in to post a reply.